Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

New Commit Tyson Terry is N (1 Viewer)

Kazman5k

Safety
Elite Member
breaking bad jeans GIF

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Sell me on this one...

Once I heard that he is like an 18 year old sophomore, I lost a lot of interest in him. Something about that just feels off to me...

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Sell me on this one...

Once I heard that he is like an 18 year old sophomore, I lost a lot of interest in him. Something about that just feels off to me...
Not sure if this sells you but I think Other stuff I found suggests he turns 19 in mid-August and his family held him back to make up for missing 2020 for Covid knowing he’d make eligibility for senior year by 15 days. But it appears he will be 20 most of his senior season.

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
Sell me on this one...

He’s a heck of a wrestler, so you know he’s skilled with his hands. He is still raw. Strong but his appearance doesn’t reflect it necessarily so either he’s got a lot of fast twitch muscle or his composition is odd. Either way, we’ve got some clay to mold. Most importantly, he plays pissed off. His film is littered with crushing whomever is trying to block him.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Sell me on this one...

I'm in the same boat. I worry that he's dominating simply due to having developed before other kids his age. I'm glad to have him, but have always thought of him as a high floor low ceiling guy.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah very off imo
If he was born mid-August 2004 he could have even been a class of 2022, or 2023 for sure. But he won’t get here for two years.

being second teams all state and state champ wrestler as a senior (if class of 23) is very respectable. Although two more years of high school is unavoidable, it seems like it’s a waste of time from a development POV. He’d develop more by being a college freshman.

Last edited:

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
I worry that he's dominating simply due to having developed before other kids his age.
You think he’s only competing against other sophomores? He was manhandling seniors as a freshman.

Texas high schools have been doing this for decades… the ole 2 years of 8th grade trick. This is a good get.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
“Dont want him he’s too old” is a new one on the recruiting bingo card.

Gatlin Bair is going on a 2 year mission before college do we not want him anymore cuz he’ll be over 20 his freshman year? I’m confuzzled.

This just means we’ll have a 24 year old man on the line someday playing against 20 year olds. I’ll take it.

Huskers0119

Linebacker
Elite Member
“Dont want him he’s too old” is a new one on the recruiting bingo card.

Gatlin Bair is going on a 2 year mission before college do we not want him anymore cuz he’ll be over 20 his freshman year? I’m confuzzled.

This just means we’ll have a 24 year old man on the line someday playing against 20 year olds. I’ll take it.
There’s a difference between having concern that a kid will be playing high school ball at 20 and either plateauing/not reaching their potential as a result vs a kid of normal age who other than a mission trip is on a normal timeline.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds