Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

New Commit Tyler Knaak is N (1 Viewer)

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
He was in the portal for almost a month. His other offers were Kentucky, App. St. and Buffalo. He has not played a down of college ball. With all that said, he’s probably neck and neck talent wise with most of the current o-line.
And Kentucky brought in 4 Portal O Line so not even sure they were an option for him anymore. I like the pick up and just view him as a development piece with upside as he is just a RS Freshman. Plus he gives us more Ins for Utah. Love to get in on some of those Poly's from Utah.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Guy never played OL until he was a senior in high school and seems like an athletic guy. Worth a shot. Obviously looked to be a guy with upside to Rhule.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
And Kentucky brought in 4 Portal O Line so not even sure they were an option for him anymore. I like the pick up and just view him as a development piece with upside as he is just a RS Freshman. Plus he gives us more Ins for Utah. Love to get in on some of those Poly's from Utah.
Also the key is to look at the schools that offered him out of HS. Now they have another shot to get him but they're like "no thanks I'm good"...

Not shitting on the take at all. You absolutely take this kid if you're Matt Rhule and you have a bunch of D- level players on your OL.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Also the key is to look at the schools that offered him out of HS. Now they have another shot to get him but they're like "no thanks I'm good"...

Not shitting on the take at all. You absolutely take this kid if you're Matt Rhule and you have a bunch of D- level players on your OL.
I don't think the line is awful on talent. I know I'm kind of alone in that, but I think Rhule just likes taking developmental guys and his track record is pretty good on that front. Now idk about uncle Donny

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
When you morons finally understand that we aren’t ever going to get 4 and 5 stars at every position, then and only then can we stop overanalyzing everything. I really wish Rhule had talent evaluators as good as you all.
Are you crying? I haven't seen you cry like this since Big Willy Will sent Martinez to the bench for good

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
When you morons finally understand that we aren’t ever going to get 4 and 5 stars at every position, then and only then can we stop overanalyzing everything. I really wish Rhule had talent evaluators as good as you all.
Pissing Circle Of Life GIF by Four Rest Films

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
Two thoughts:

1: Although I welcome any new talent on the OL, WTF are the scholarship numbers? How do we have room for this guy and the two Walk-ons we added to scholarship recently? Currently unofficial number is 91.

2: This makes me think that two of the incoming freshmen OL guys are actually going to be DL guys. We took 5 OL last cycle but I think Goldman and Mascoeciwiecizcheck end up on DL.

NSECTA4

Safety
Elite Member
Two thoughts:

1: Although I welcome any new talent on the OL, WTF are the scholarship numbers? How do we have room for this guy and the two Walk-ons we added to scholarship recently? Currently unofficial number is 91.

2: This makes me think that two of the incoming freshmen OL guys are actually going to be DL guys. We took 5 OL last cycle but I think Goldman and Mascoeciwiecizcheck end up on DL.
Listening to Gary Sharp this morning, he indicating that based on some other attrition of which he is aware, NU was unofficially at 84 prior to Knaak committing. FWIW

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
Listening to Gary Sharp this morning, he indicating that based on some other attrition of which he is aware, NU was unofficially at 84 prior to Knaak committing. FWIW
Wow. That means lots of dudes we don't know about.

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
Hopefully this staff is awesome at talent eval, because this kid sure ain’t their first reach. And I know, first year had to put something together quickly, but Kai, Syncere, maciejzack, sua, Charles, Barnes, Ives, Lloyd, turner, Goldman. They took a lot of flyers last year. If some start to hit they may gain a little more trust.

By the end of Bo’s tenure we didn’t mind his petulant ass slapping together defensive recruiting last minute because his talent eval was better than everyone else. Bit him in the ass with offense. So I’ll believe it when I see it when it comes to Rhule and taking dudes like Knaak.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Two thoughts:

we only have 15 schollie OL including those two

One reason Knaak wasn't in greater demand is that he has a very slender resume as a OL and four years of eligibility. Under the new rules re transfers and waivers, a lot of teams aren't willing to take the risk of having to keep a guy like this around for four years. For us, four years is one of the reasons he is attractive because the staff feels confident in their ability to project and develop.

They know they are taking a guy in a spot they could in which take a freshman, so I am sure they have thought this through.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds