Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Turd Alberts to Texas A&M (2 Viewers)

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Well then Turd shouldn’t have signed his contract extension this year and accepted a raise if things were so bad he couldn’t stomach it
True, but if somebody is told they were going to get more money by going through that exercise 11/10 people in that position would do it.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
There's a difference between politics and a leadership crisis. I've also been hearing of donor fatigue and many of the donors didn't like the large raise while being asked to pony up for the stadium expansion in addition to NIL.

Donor fatigue is not an issue exclusive to Nebraska and is happening everywhere. You’re not breaking news.

Cheveyo

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Well then Turd shouldn’t have signed his contract extension this year and accepted a raise if things were so bad he couldn’t stomach it
Yeah that part was strange. I think Nebraska's position in the evolving college athletics landscape is a lot more precarious than many here want to admit. I'm just relaying what little I've heard.

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Theory cause all I’ve heard is outside influences:

Turd has been very vocal about ad ran NIL and some big name outside influence didn’t like how they would be affected

Cheveyo

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
This isn’t a 2-3 year thing. 2-3 years ago the university had really good leadership in Carter and Green
Less leadership over the last 2-3 years, more seeing the reality about Nebraska's future. The current problems are a straw that broke the camels back. Turd certainly put a good face on the AD, I'm not sure how well things were actually running on the ground.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I can certainly understand a chancellor or university president candidate not being interested due to all the political games being played with the university system, but is Turd really that affected as an athletic director that he'd basically resign a "dream job" over it?

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
There's a difference between politics and a leadership crisis. I've also been hearing of donor fatigue and many of the donors didn't like the large raise while being asked to pony up for the stadium expansion in addition to NIL.
An extra 850k a year for a 200 million athletic department is not what I would call a large raise, and Turd's new deal was still easily within or possibly below what the market would dictate for a successful P2 AD right now.

Doesn't make much sense for this sentiment to be at all widespread among donors.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
I have zero faith in the university leadership/regents/state govt but I'll need a whole lot more information before I can fully buy into this...

Why now? Why A&M where they are infamous for insane boosters/behind the scenes shenanigans? What made Nebraska SO untenable that he'd leave Rhule, the stadium rebuild project, and his alma mater high and dry like this?

Turd is just another one of the glory years dudes who has no problem expressing opinions from the outside about what's wrong with Nebraska, but will choose personal goals over the good of the football program. Hopefully Rhule provides new blood and a new lease on life because the guys we have aren't cutting it.

Husker15

Linebacker
An extra 850k a year for a 200 million athletic department is not what I would call a large raise, and Turd's new deal was still easily within or possibly below what the market would dictate for a successful P2 AD right now.

Doesn't make much sense for this sentiment to be at all widespread among donors.
How? It was top 10 and top 3 in the Big Ten

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Just officially announce it UNL or Turd. Get it over with already!

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds