Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Transfer OT Jacob Hood On Campus For Official Visit (1 Viewer)

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
There are schools happy with being mediocre. When has the aspiration here been to be mediocre? We didn't hire Frost with a goal of being mediocre. When did the context change? I don't think it has, and I don't think you believe it has, either.
I doubt the way Rhule recruits that we are ever one of those top 4-8 teams consistently. I hope we break into that 10-20 range with a chance to crash the top 8 every once in awhile. I’m not bashing Rhule for this by the way. At this point Nebraska has a lower ceiling than multiple other blue blood programs.

Last edited:

YankeesJunkie

Linebacker
Culturally this entire team is a complete rebuild, even with all the recruits the lines are still lacking in depth this year and possibly next year as well, especially on the offensive side. I guess the only reason you would think this is a reset is Nebraska has so underperformed the last five years that their true performance has been a six win team sabotaged by Frost.

NSECTA4

Safety
Elite Member
IDGAF how Sip spins it, this is a rebuild.

Matt Rhule is pushing 40 new faces in the locker room by NLI signing day. That’s not a fuckin reset, JFC.

Plus, I got a Benjamin that says he’ll bring in at least one new transfer when the second portal period opens in the spring. Wouldn’t be shocked if it’s more than one post spring inbound transfer.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
IDGAF how Sip spins it, this is a rebuild.

Matt Rhule is pushing 40 new faces in the locker room by NLI signing day. That’s not a fuckin reset, JFC.

Plus, I got a Benjamin that says he’ll bring in at least one new transfer when the second portal period opens in the spring. Wouldn’t be shocked if it’s more than one post spring inbound transfer.
I don't know what the difference between a rebuild and a reset is and at this point I'm too scared to ask

The Bearded One

Safety
Elite Member
Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Greg Smith • InsideNebraska
Senior Recruiting Analyst
@GregSmithRivals

Nebraska had another Georgia transfer on campus this weekend and hopes it did enough to land a third transfer from the back-to-back champs. Redshirt freshman offensive lineman Jacob Hood was on campus this weekend to check out what the Huskers have to offer.

The lineman says that the visit “went great” but there were a few things that stood out.

“The love from the coaches, the players and the fans stood out,” Hood said. “It’s also a great community.”

The clock is ticking on a pending decision for the player with four years of eligibility left at his next school. He told Inside Nebraska that he will be announcing his next school on Monday around noon eastern/11 a.m. central time. Hood says that besides Nebraska that Louisville, Kentucky, Ole Miss, UCLA , Ohio State and Pittsburgh are in the running.

Almost all the recruits we’ve talked to since coach Matt Rhule took over have had very positive things to say about him. Hood was no different when asked his impressions of the Huskers’ new leader.

“He is an amazing person,” Hood said. “He definitely knows what he’s talking about when it comes to football and developing great football players and even better young men off the field.”

Hood was a former four-star prospect in the 2022 recruiting class.

Huskerforlife

Head Coach
Elite Member

Official visit recap for Georgia OT transfer Jacob Hood​

Bryan Mongo •about 16 hours
UGA OT transfer Jacob Hood on official visit to Nebraska
UGA OT transfer Jacob Hood on official visit to Nebraska

Nebraska recently lost Stanford offensive tackle Walter Rouse to Oklahoma, exposing one of the biggest holes on the roster at tackle. Days later, Jacob Hood announced his intentions to transfer from Georgia, and the 6-foot-8 and 360-pound Hood was on an official visit to Nebraska on the heels of Georgia winning another national championship.

“I am on the plane right now,” Hood said. “The visit was great. I have been in Nebraska since Thursday night.”

Nebraska has been the only official visit that Hood has taken. He did have another official visit set up.

“I was supposed to go to Ole Miss, but I didn’t make it. Nebraska is the only official visit I have taken.”

That is significant because Hood says that a decision is coming, soon.

“It will be soon,” Hood said. “I plan on making my decision around noon tomorrow, my time. I am headed back to Tennessee right now.”

There is opportunity for Hood at Nebraska​

Hood said that he really liked the facilities that Nebraska was building, but what he really enjoyed hearing was that there was an opportunity to win the job in Lincoln.

“Everything is open,” Hood said. “Nebraska told me that all of the spots are open and that they are looking for the best possible players to win those spots.”

Nebraska officially begins their classes on Monday. There is a week for late enrollees to still register and begin classes.

Hood graduated high school in 2022 from Nashville (Tenn.) Hillsboro. He was a three-star recruit according to Tater Island, the No. 34 offensive tackle in the nation, and the No. 17 rated player in the state of Tennessee.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds