Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

TPB X thread (15 Viewers)

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
It's not relevant to use the mortgage rates from 2000 when the argument started because I said if the interest rates are 3.5% you shouldn't be paying extra and investing that money.

You are correct that if the interest rates are 7% or higher you shouldn't try to beat that rate with investing.

The only relevance of 2000 was it was one of the worst 15 year returns in history when we're trying to find a period where investing couldn't beat 3.5% over 30 years.
Jim my entire point is that your plan isn't a guaranteed win. I proved that by proving that it lost in 2000. Cope

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Jim my entire point is that your plan isn't a guaranteed win. I proved that by proving that it lost in 2000. Cope
You're insane lol

Jim - Guarantee I beat 3.5% over 30 years.

Mav - you can't guarantee that

Jim - yes I can

Mav - here's a 15 year period that is worse

Jim - ok I can lose by 1% over 15 years but I still win over 30

Mav - you wouldn't win if the mortgage rate was 8%

Jim - That's irrelevant. We're talking about mortgage rates of 3.5%.

Mav - Jim you're missing the point

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
You're insane lol

Jim - Guarantee I beat 3.5% over 30 years.

Mav - you can't guarantee that

Jim - yes I can

Mav - here's a 15 year period that is worse

Jim - ok I can lose by 1% over 15 years but I still win over 30

Mav - you wouldn't win if the mortgage rate was 8%

Jim - That's irrelevant. We're talking about mortgage rates of 3.5%.

Mav - Jim you're missing the point
The 3.5% literally came from your ass. Why do you expect me to care about it lmao

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Jim you don't win over 30 starting in the year 2000, as I proved. You were behind January 1, 2015, you're behind now, and you'll continue to be behind six years ago, in any path where the 15 year average return remains more than 0% (it's 11% now 10 years in). Are you illiterate?

(And beating 3.5% isn't a guarantee either, it's just historically extremely likely)
I never said you should always invest instead of paying down your mortgage regardless of rate. I never said I'd beat 7.5%.

I said I will beat 3.5%. Are you illiterate?

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
I never said you should always invest instead of paying down your mortgage regardless of rate. I never said I'd beat 7.5%.

I said I will beat 3.5%. Are you illiterate?
Yeah Jim I deleted that post immediately since I missed your point. I'm sure you know that since you're a mod and resurrected the post (allegedly)

Last edited:

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
It wasn't deleted when I hit reply.
you must have hit reply in about 5 seconds and spent 8 minutes crafting that response then.
or servers are shit
anyways, I concede, you are right in all regards. You will forever and always beat 3.5% over 30 years. Failing to beat 3.5% over 30 years is literally impossible. I kneel.

Football Celebrate GIF by Major League Soccer

Savedatmoney

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
you must have hit reply in about 5 seconds and spent 8 minutes crafting that response then.
or servers are shit
anyways, I concede, you are right in all regards. You will forever and always beat 3.5% over 30 years. Failing to beat 3.5% over 30 years is literally impossible. I kneel.

….unless you invested a 100% in the NIKKEI market over that time period.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
or servers are shit

Thank you.

I hit reply before I left the office but didn't post until I got home.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds