Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

TPB X thread (25 Viewers)

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
I-70 was always an adventure when it snowed. Was stuck my fair share of times when we were in off rough type vehicles with good tires. I pulled so many people out of ditches with my Jeep. The other ones that were dangerous were the tourists who rented a big ole 4 wheel drive SUV at the Denver Airport thinking that they would go through everything. They'd go flying by us on I-70 and then we'd see them a few miles later in the ditch.
I have a good buddy that was an EMT out in the mountains back in the day. The most common expression uttered by the EMT's when they were staring over the abyss at a heap of metal down the mountain was, "Goddamn flatlanders". Usually they were rubber necking and just shot straight off the road into the void, but it meant a lot of repelling and recovery work for the responders. Tire blowouts were also a factor, but mostly just tourists enjoying the view ... until they weren't.

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG
I-70 was always an adventure when it snowed. Was stuck my fair share of times when we were in off rough type vehicles with good tires. I pulled so many people out of ditches with my Jeep. The other ones that were dangerous were the tourists who rented a big ole 4 wheel drive SUV at the Denver Airport thinking that they would go through everything. They'd go flying by us on I-70 and then we'd see them a few miles later in the ditch.
Brother, you are literally the boards version of forest gump (not the retarded part just the part where he is seemingly a part of every major event historically)

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Brother, you are literally the boards version of forest gump (not the retarded part just the part where he is seemingly a part of every major event historically)
What can I say. Life's been a crazy adventure. I watched my dad die at a young age from cancer due to Agent Orange. So had a serious YOLO mentality since then. Honestly can't believe I'm still alive. I've been lucky to meet up with some great people along the way that opened so many doors for me. Especially in Vail. Tons of big money people in Vail who I became friends with. Many times they wanted to know me to get into concerts or meet the bands. The ones who were cool I became friends with. Don't let anyone tell you that money can't buy happiness because most of my uber rich friends would disagree.

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG
What can I say. Life's been a crazy adventure. I watched my dad die at a young age from cancer due to Agent Orange. So had a serious YOLO mentality since then. Honestly can't believe I'm still alive. I've been lucky to meet up with some great people along the way that opened so many doors for me. Especially in Vail. Tons of big money people in Vail who I became friends with. Many times they wanted to know me to get into concerts or meet the bands. The ones who were cool I became friends with. Don't let anyone tell you that money can't buy happiness because most of my uber rich friends would disagree.
I subrcribe to the proverb of “money can’t buy you happiness, but money can buy you a jet ski and I’ve never seen someone not happy on a jet ski”

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds