Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking ***TPB Exclusive: Scrote Stats*** (1 Viewer)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
That loss was blamed on Gebbia's selfishness (LOL) if I recall correctly. People were saying that we would've won if he had stayed and been able to play that game instead of Bunch.
I forgot Tristan Gebbia existed. Mostly because Tristan is not a name that I respect

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
From all accounts Gebbia had a much better handle of running the offense and practiced better than Adrian. Plus was one of the respected leaders of the team. But Coach Scrote decides to hand the reigns to his boy Martinez who hadn't played football in over a year. Don't worry about the rust or lack of experience cuz he is your boy. And Coach Scrote wasn't afraid to Ride & Die with Adrian no matter how badly he played.

I can't blame Gebbia for transferring after getting passed over. Didn't seem like he got a fair shot. And he wasn't the only returning player that felt slighted after being passed on the depth charts by Frost's recruits even though they out performed them in practice. One example is Devine Izigbo, goes from 1st String at the end of Riley's last season to being named 3rd String RB in Fall Camp behind 2 newcomers. Finally Coach Scrote realizes that his boys aren't cutting it and Izigbo gets the nod as #1 RB, and produces. Amazing what happens when you don't play favorites and actually play the best player. Novel Concept.
I don't disagree with the sentiment. Think you're right about existing players not getting a fair shot. Ozigbo is the perfect example for that.

Having said that there's no doubt in my mind Gebbia would have been injured more than Martinez. No chance Scrote would have changed his offense to play to Gebbias strengths (mainly weakness of being 6'2" 76 pounds) and ran him 10-12 times a game.

He was a frail frail boy. He ended up hurt more than not at Oregon St in a pro style never run offense.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don't disagree with the sentiment. Think you're right about existing players not getting a fair shot. Ozigbo is the perfect example for that.

Having said that there's no doubt in my mind Gebbia would have been injured more than Martinez. No chance Scrote would have changed his offense to play to Gebbias strengths (mainly weakness of being 6'2" 76 pounds) and ran him 10-12 times a game.

He was a frail frail boy. He ended up hurt more than not at Oregon St in a pro style never run offense.
For the most part, it looked like frost was proven right on the Gebbia vs. Martinez thing in the Colorado game, which we also lost and you'll find out more about that tomorrow. And then even more so by the end of the season. But anyone who expected Gebbia to stick around was doing them good drugs

jw3

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
8 kick/punt return TDs in the last 4 years cannot be a real life stat. That has to be the most ever allowed in a 4 year period in college football history.

How many times per year does an average team score on a kick or punt return? I would guess the number is less than or close to 1. Here's Corch Scote giving up 2 a year

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
8 kick/punt return TDs in the last 4 years cannot be a real life stat. That has to be the most ever allowed in a 4 year period in college football history.

How many times per year does an average team score on a kick or punt return? I would guess the number is less than or close to 1. Here's Corch Scote giving up 2 a year
Last year was about .79 return TDs given up per team. So 2.5 times the average.

Sorry The Hangover GIF

Last edited:
Reactions: jw3

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
It also might be interesting to figure out what percentage of returns for TDs in all of P5 have happened against Corch. Without looking, it's probably 39%.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

But as a coach you can't use speculation of injury as a reason to move somebody down the depth chart. Play the best player to give your team the best chance to win. His measurables weren't that far off from Mackenzie Milton. Frost's Offense needs someone with a Quick Blinker, and that obviously wasn't Adrian. Gebbia was a much better athlete than people give him credit for. He had some quickness. Heck he played Point Guard in high school basketball team.

Bigger concern was how it was handled. Gebbia was a vocal leader on the team plus respected by the players. Very hard worker. He was quite popular with the players. Then a new guy comes in and replaces him even though Gebbia was the better QB in fall camp. What message does that send to the returning players? I regularly question Frosts natural leadership skills and this is an example. Izigbo being #3 on Depth Chart. Mike Williams being put #1 at WR on the first Depth Chart. The players he brought in seemed to be given preferential treatment, not a good look and supposedly caused some division on the team. I wouldn't be happy if I worked at a company who brought in a new manager that hired less qualified people who were promoted over me. Best players should play.

Last edited:

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
But as a coach you can't use speculation of injury as a reason to move somebody down the depth chart. Play the best player to give your team the best chance to win. His measurables weren't that far off from Mackenzie Milton. Frost's Offense needs someone with a Quick Blinker, and that obviously wasn't Adrian. Gebbia was a much better athlete than people give him credit for. He had some quickness. Heck he played Point Guard in high school basketball team.

Bigger concern was how it was handled. Gebbia was a vocal leader on the team plus respected by the players. Very hard worker. He was quite popular with the players. Then a new guy comes in and replaces him even though Gebbia was the better QB in fall camp. What message does that send to the returning players? I regularly question Frosts natural leadership skills and this is an example. Izigbo being #3 on Depth Chart. Mike Williams being put #1 at WR on the first Depth Chart. The players he brought in seemed to be given preferential treatment, not a good look and supposedly caused some division on the team. I wouldn't be happy if I worked at a company who brought in a new manager that hired less qualified people who were promoted over me. Best players should play.
Agree with all that. Just saying reality wise Gebbia probably gives Frost 1 maybe 2 wins in his career. Troy for sure. Maybe Colorado. I already agreed that he fucked up with others and yes that contributed to the division.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
1 day

Reflection on Loss #1: Colorado 33 Nebraska 28. 2018.

After a cancellation against the Akron Zips due to inclement weather, Coach Scrote had the boys and husker nation foaming at the mouth when long time Big 8 rival and irredeemable pieces of shit the Colorado Buffaloes came to town. The Coach Scrote era started off with a fumble deep in CU territory by Scrote pet Greg Bell followed by a CU TD drive, an Adrian Martinez fumble, and another CU TD drive. But Coach Scrote is a winner who teaches his team how to win and he corrected course after that and the Big Red went into halftime up 21-17. Nebraska held a narrow lead against the Puffs until late in the 4th quarter. CU had 3rd and 24 from its own 45 with a 1:15 left in the game. Stevie Montez sailed the ball high to make it 4th down by Antonio Reed chose paralysis rather than analysis and went in to permanently cripple the CU WR resulting in an unnecessary roughness penalty. The next play Montez hooked up with Laviskha Shenault for a 40 yard TD and that was all she wrote for the Coach Scrote era starting off on a positive note.

The 29th (and probably final if the season goes how I expect it to go) Scrote Stat:

During the 4 years we've had Coach Scrote, two trends have emerged, we turn the ball over too fucking much and our special teams are terrible no matter how much special attention they get from Scrote. But how much did these repeated, and apparently uncorrectable, failures cost us last season in the era of single digit loss? Here's how many points offense/special teams gave up last season in each loss.

Illinois 9 points safety + fumble return TD
OU 2 points blocked PAT returned for 2 (lel)
Michigan State: 7 points. Punt returned TD.
Michigan; 0 points
Minnesota: 0 points
Purdue: 7 points. Pick 6
Ohio State: 0 points
Wisconsin: 7 points. Kick return TD
Cockeye: 7 points. Blocked punt return TD.

Points given up by Offense/Special teams: 32
Lost by a total of 49 points.

For what it's worth, Nebraska missed 4 extra points and 8 field goals on the season too which would have been an additional 28 total points.

But what good would 60 points have done us anyways?

NoHoHank

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
Points given up by Offense/Special teams: 32
Lost by a total of 49 points.

For what it's worth, Nebraska missed 4 extra points and 8 field goals on the season too which would have been an additional 28 total points.

But what good would 60 points have done us anyways?
Gets even worse if you include points off turnovers too. Michigan's game winning FG set up by another Martinez fumble

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds