Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Tornado Fundraiser - Barstool (1 Viewer)

Snockered69

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member

Pretty disappointing by the university. Rather buy from barstool, atleast the money will get to victims. University doesnt even say how much will go to victims. Red cross is a “501C” even though they skim 10% right off the bat and skim even more for “additional costs”. Now you'll have Scheels get a chunk and the university will take a cut. I’m assuming maybe 10% of money generated will get into victims hands.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
Pretty disappointing by the university. Rather buy from barstool, atleast the money will get to victims. University doesnt even say how much will go to victims. Red cross is a “501C” even though they skim 10% right off the bat and skim even more for “additional costs”. Now you'll have Scheels get a chunk and the university will take a cut. I’m assuming maybe 10% of money generated will get into victims hands.
Most charities are pyramid schemes brother. Anyone who doesn’t think so, is truly an idiot.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
Shameful

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don’t like Red Cross. They keep so much of the money. I don’t even consider them a charity anymore. Same with United Way. Worked at UPS in college loading trucks. Donated money from every paycheck to United Way until I found out only 6% of the money actually went to people in need.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds