Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Top ten '24 croots in Nebraska (1 Viewer)

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
gotta stop taking so many Nebraska kids. 5 in one year should be a lot.

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
The trend of D1 talent in Nebraska is interesting.

Obviously the kids were always there, but I’d be interested to read a deep dive in why they’re gaining so much more attention in the last 4-5 years specifically.

Did some go out of state and really make a good impression then word of mouth took it from there?

Are players more visible now after COVID when recruiting took a big step in the virtual direction and now they can find these kids without a potentially pointless flight to Nebraska?

Are coaches/trainers getting more/better training with more resources and webinars being available virtually?

It’s one of those little things the whole COVID mess had an impact on that we don’t really think about.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG

Obviously the kids were always there, but I’d be interested to read a deep dive in why they’re gaining so much more attention in the last 4-5 years specifically.

Did some go out of state and really make a good impression then word of mouth took it from there?

Are players more visible now after COVID when recruiting took a big step in the virtual direction and now they can find these kids without a potentially pointless flight to Nebraska?

Are coaches/trainers getting more/better training with more resources and webinars being available virtually?

It’s one of those little things the whole COVID mess had an impact on that we don’t really think about.
I think it started before Covid. Nick Saban going up to Cedar Falls Cockeye for Ross Pierschbacher seemed like an inflection point with southern teams acknowledging that they can land talent outside of the south.

It could also be the case that we've just been really fucking bad for a long time and the chances of pulling a top player out of the state are better than they've ever been because of that

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG

That's an interesting question. Off the top of my head I'd have to think a couple things are factoring in heavily: Tater Island and Warren Academy. Tater Island gives yet another recruiting website to get eyes on kids, so these websites may be trying to one up each other by identifying new kids and that leads to more being seen. And then Warren Academy and other training groups like it give these kids so much more exposure through their marketing of the kids and showcases. Both of those factors really weren't around 10 years ago when Nebraska seemed to be at its biggest talent lull.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds