Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Top ten '24 croots in Nebraska (1 Viewer)

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
OnThree recently put out its Nebraska top ten. Bellevue West should be pretty good this year.

1. Carter Nelson, TE, Ainsworth (Offers: Nebraska, Alabama, Georgia, Kansas State, Cockeye State, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, etc.)
2. Dae'vonn Hall, WR, Bellevue West (Nebraska, Cockeye, Kansas State, Arkansas, Texas A&M, Penn State, etc.)
3. Isaiah McMorris, ATH, Bellevue West (Nebraska, Kansas State, Kansas, Penn State, Minnesota, Missouri, Oklahoma, etc.)
4. Daniel Kaelin, QB, Bellevue West (Nebraska, Missouri, Minnesota, Michigan State, North Carolina, Colorado, etc.)
5. Ashton Murphy, OT, Elkhorn South (Nebraska, Colorado, Wyoming, Air Force, Northern Cockeye, Northern Illinois, NDSU)
6. Caleb Pyform, OT, Omaha Central (Nebraska, Cockeye, Kansas State, Kansas, Minnesota, Penn State, Colorado, Cockeye State, Missouri, Ill., Wyo.)
7. Donald DeFrand, CB, Lincoln High (Colorado, Northern Cockeye)
8. Caleb Benning, S, Omaha Westside (Nebraska, Cockeye, Cockeye State, Wisconsin, Kansas, Minnestoa, Vanderbilt, Duke, Wyoming)
9. Teddy Rezac, ATH, Omaha Westside (Air Force, Colorado State, Northern Cockeye, North Dakota State, South Dakota State)
10. Jacob Arop, OT, Bellevue West (Northern Cockeye)

Offers are according to OnThree listing. If Nebraska offered them, I listed NU first. If there is no "etc." at the end, all offers are listed. The schools I left off with the "etc." are smaller/minor schools.
I'm kind of surprised we haven't offered DeFrand. I think he has some decent track numbers (21-8 LJ), or maybe I'm thinking more of his sister, who was the fastest girl in the state, 11.60 in the 100.
According to OnThree, all of the above are rated 3 stars, except for Nelson, a 4-star.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
OnThree recently put out its Nebraska top ten. Bellevue West should be pretty good this year.

1. Carter Nelson, TE, Ainsworth (Offers: Nebraska, Alabama, Georgia, Kansas State, Cockeye State, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, etc.)
2. Dae'vonn Hall, WR, Bellevue West (Nebraska, Cockeye, Kansas State, Arkansas, Texas A&M, Penn State, etc.)
3. Isaiah McMorris, ATH, Bellevue West (Nebraska, Kansas State, Kansas, Penn State, Minnesota, Missouri, Oklahoma, etc.)
4. Daniel Kaelin, QB, Bellevue West (Nebraska, Missouri, Minnesota, Michigan State, North Carolina, Colorado, etc.)
5. Ashton Murphy, OT, Elkhorn South (Nebraska, Colorado, Wyoming, Air Force, Northern Cockeye, Northern Illinois, NDSU)
6. Caleb Pyform, OT, Omaha Central (Nebraska, Cockeye, Kansas State, Kansas, Minnesota, Penn State, Colorado, Cockeye State, Missouri, Ill., Wyo.)
8. Caleb Benning, S, Omaha Westside (Nebraska, Cockeye, Cockeye State, Wisconsin, Kansas, Minnestoa, Vanderbilt, Duke, Wyoming)
9. Teddy Rezac, ATH, Omaha Westside (Air Force, Colorado State, Northern Cockeye, North Dakota State, South Dakota State)

Offers are according to OnThree listing. If Nebraska offered them, I listed NU first. If there is no "etc." at the end, all offers are listed. The schools I left off with the "etc." are smaller/minor schools.
I'm kind of surprised we haven't offered DeFrand. I think he has some decent track numbers (21-8 LJ), or maybe I'm thinking more of his sister, who was the fastest girl in the state, 11.60 in the 100.
According to OnThree, all of the above are rated 3 stars, except for Nelson, a 4-star.
Who are the must gets?

Nelson, Hall, McMorris, Murphy, Pyform, Benning and Arop?

I figured Arop because any OL that is D1 and local is probably a must get? Kaelin a must get if Raiola goes to USC/Oregon/Georgia?

nja13

Elite Member
Who are the must gets?

I figured Arop because any OL that is D1 and local is probably a must get? Kaelin a must get if Raiola goes to USC/Oregon/Georgia?
Seems pretty fair. Agree on the QB situation.

On Arop, I don't know if I'd count him yet. He has no FBS offers as of now. We will probably be able to do better elsewhere.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

Where's the other Rezac twin?

doublewing

Running Back
This is the first year in a long time I’ve thought we should actually pursue all top 10 players in my following of recruiting.

Typically I’m not an offer the Nebraska kid because he is a g5 level player in Nebraska.
This group looks very solid.
Was thinking the same thing.

Growing up as a kid, the OWH would have their local "Super Six" and maybe 3-4 got good D1 offers and the others were fringe D1's

nja13

Elite Member
THREE Offensive lineman on that list

This is just like the mid 90s, when we had all of those badass Nebraska o-lineman on the roster

God we are gonna win so many natty's this decade
Very much unlike the old days, the top three are receivers!

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG

Crazy Caleb is 8th..

I really have only watched a handful of these, but I do know Caleb is a really good player. So either somebody fucked up or we have 8 really good players in state in this class.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Who are the must gets?

I think you got it right. Arop if he has a big year, but I wouldn't lose sleep on him leaving for UNI.

Kaelin a must get if Raiola goes to USC/Oregon/Georgia?
Correct.

This is one supporting idea I have as to why Raiola is N (to go along with info). If Dylan wasn't coming here I think Dom and co would tell Rhule and we would see Kaelin to Nebraska heat up. At the end of the day Dom/Dylan don't want to leave Nebraska with their pants around their ankles given how their uncle/brother works their and they love Nebraska/Rhule.

I figured Arop because any OL that is D1 and local is probably a must get?
I think he needs to have a big year to get into this category. JMO

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Crazy Caleb is 8th..

I really have only watched a handful of these, but I do know Caleb is a really good player. So either somebody fucked up or we have 8 really good players in state in this class.
I agree but I don't know who I'd move him ahead of. Don't know much about Murphy or DeFrand.

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
I agree but I don't know who I'd move him ahead of. Don't know much about Murphy or DeFrand.
Didn't DeFrand spend time in the joint, work some sweet deals to get his boys some suds, cook the books for the warden, dig a hole in his cell, crawl through 5 football fields of shit to freedom then end up in Say-Wah-Ten-A-Ho fixing a boat?

Raining The Shawshank Redemption GIF

Hold on...being told that's Dufresne not DeFrand my bad

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
Interesting to see Murphy ranked ahead of Pyform and that Benning is that low.

Hope to see 6-7 of these boys N when all is said and done.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds