Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Tommi Hill usage (1 Viewer)

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
First of all, I love the Rhule hire and am still in his corner 100%. I don't want this to come off as complaining about things after a win. I'm not complaining at all. But it's a situation I find courious.

Our staff must think Tommi Hill is some kind of stud because they are sure trying to forcefeed him the ball. It seems like every time we've thrown deep this season Hill, the cornerback, is the reciever. I should say "indended" reciever because we haven't completed any of them. Then Saturday he also gets the ball on an end around.

Is this guy the fastest on the team, or what? Because it seems like we have some awfully fast freshman WR's who all run 10.4s or better that could do this job. I know Rhule has said the freshmen WR's will play more once they understand the playbook better, but how much does Tommi Hill - who practices with the defenes - understand the playbook? Tommi Hill is good enough to get one or two special plays drawn up just for him, but Coleman isn't? If Hill is so dangerous with the ball that he gets put into the game before our young WR's, maybe he should move to WR full time. Again.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Did the plays not work out because Hill didn't understand the playbook? On the reverse, the defender made a great play, otherwise it could've been a house call. On both his pass plays he was overthrown.

I think it's pretty apparent that Hill is a great athlete and they're trying to get athletes on the field, especially at positions where they are lacking.

nja13

Elite Member
Did the plays not work out because Hill didn't understand the playbook? On the reverse, the defender made a great play, otherwise it could've been a house call. On both his pass plays he was overthrown.

I think it's pretty apparent that Hill is a great athlete and they're trying to get athletes on the field, especially at positions where they are lacking.
Oh, I'm not saying Hill is to blame for the incomplete passes and end around that went no where.

But is there not value in getting some of our young WR's involved in those plays? Why is Tommi Hill getting offensive snaps over guys we despeartly need to develop into regular contributors at the WR positon? Do we think Hill is a Travis Hunter/Charles Woodson gamechanger type that is just so talented we have to find ways to get him the ball?

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
I think this staff looks at guys like Hill and HH and goes....they aren't doing us any good on the bench and lets find a way to get them the ball.

Especially considering they have a lack of guys who are playmakers at WR currently.

Hill is probably one of the best athletes on the team. FWIW. Notice how the two big passes thrown to him he was behind the defense or had his guy behind him. He was doing the samething last year. I think long term he is a CB, but if he can help on offense give him a shot.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Oh, I'm not saying Hill is to blame for the incomplete passes and end around that went no where.

But is there not value in getting some of our young WR's involved in those plays? Why is Tommi Hill getting offensive snaps over guys we despeartly need to develop into regular contributors at the WR positon? Do we think Hill is a Travis Hunter/Charles Woodson gamechanger type that is just so talented we have to find ways to get him the ball?
They've had Lloyd in as much as Hill. I'm not sure what Coleman's snap count is this year.

I think they just want athletes on the field and Hill is more physically developed than the freshmen.

nja13

Elite Member
They've had Lloyd in as much as Hill. I'm not sure what Coleman's snap count is this year.
I don't doubt that. But when Hill is in the game, the ball is going to Hill. We clearly have special plays drawn up for him.
At Minnesota, I watched him go into the game, run a deep route and get overthrown, then trot back to the sideline and go straight to the defensive back huddle.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don't doubt that. But when Hill is in the game, the ball is going to Hill. We clearly have special plays drawn up for him.
At Minnesota, I watched him go into the game, run a deep route and get overthrown, then trot back to the sideline and go straight to the defensive back huddle.
I would think using him as a decoy could be effective going forward.

COYS

Linebacker
I mean, on both of the long pass plays to Hill he has been behind the defense and the problem was with the QB making poor throw. The reverse was one block away.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think this staff looks at guys like Hill and HH and goes....they aren't doing us any good on the bench and lets find a way to get them the ball.

Especially considering they have a lack of guys who are playmakers at WR currently.

Hill is probably one of the best athletes on the team. FWIW. Notice how the two big passes thrown to him he was behind the defense or had his guy behind him. He was doing the samething last year. I think long term he is a CB, but if he can help on offense give him a shot.
Yeah let us not forget on that fly route at MN - Hill had his defender beat by 10 yds when Sims underthrew him by literally 15 yds. Hill could have had a TD there. It was literally one of the worst deep balls I've ever seen a QB throw.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Oh. Not that i know of. If you pay me $150/ year I'll let you use my login.
Amazon Studios Cassidy GIF by Amazon Prime Video

It's $120/yr right now

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds