Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Thompkins in the Portal (1 Viewer)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
thought he had the most overall talent and game of anyone in the room. sucks. at the same time, i'm not surprised, though.
I had no faith his knees would hold up long term, but if he was healthy playing at Grayson we never have a shot at him

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
It would be nice if we could go out and get an upperclassman with some speed out of the transfer portal to go along with Stepp.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
200.gif

Called it....sorta...ok not really. Was definitely thinking this was a possibility though.

I wonder the same thing about Rahmir Johnson.

Last edited:

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Strange tenure here. Constantly injured, but also touted as "the best RB in the room who is about to take the job" by quite a few people. Not sure what that was based on since he was constantly injured though.

Our RB situation has been beyond bizarre, SOMEBODY has to step up and stay healthy and earn some quality carries for once.

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member
@Faux Sean Callahan @kenyanfeline any cool stories you got on this guy now that it's public?
Not off the top of my head, but I can ask Waterboy again. He was in the conversation for the RB spot(s), which will almost certainly be by committee. The problem is that there were 6 (even more if Stepp is healthy) RB’s in that conversation with no real parity between them (Sevion, Ervin, Scott, Jewitt, Thompkins, Yant).

I also get the feeling from Waterboy that most around the team see it being by committee this year, and then a 1-2 horse race between Stepp and Ervin for the next couple years.

I would be shocked if attrition in the RB room is over.

Johnson seems to be the odd man out, but if any of the others not named Stepp and Ervin want to be a premier back, they are going to have a tough time sticking around.

Sevion looks promising. From what I’ve been told, if you were to only be able to keep 3 RB’s from the spring team for the future, Morrison, Ervin, and Yant might be your best choices (considering current level AND potential.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Not off the top of my head, but I can ask Waterboy again. He was in the conversation for the RB spot(s), which will almost certainly be by committee. The problem is that there were 6 (even more if Stepp is healthy) RB’s in that conversation with no real parity between them (Sevion, Ervin, Scott, Jewitt, Thompkins, Yant).

I also get the feeling from Waterboy that most around the team see it being by committee this year, and then a 1-2 horse race between Stepp and Ervin for the next couple years.

I would be shocked if attrition in the RB room is over.

Johnson seems to be the odd man out, but if any of the others not named Stepp and Ervin want to be a premier back, they are going to have a tough time sticking around.

Sevion looks promising. From what I’ve been told, if you were to only be able to keep 3 RB’s from the spring team for the future, Morrison, Ervin, and Yant might be your best choices (considering current level AND potential.
I mean from what we’ve seen on video and been told on here, If the stable was Sevion, Yant, and Ervin then I’d be a perfectly happy Nebraska fan

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
<insert cat emoji>
Dude got his knee repaired here, probably had the other knee at least cleaned up and then POOF...thanks bitches, I know I'm not going to see much PT b/c Held doesn't think I'm good enough or my knees are healthy enough so thanks for the rehab and all the gear, food, place to stay...we gone! Good luck to him but DAYUM, Held and the staff look like jackasses for taking a shot on this kid only to have him split to the portal. Once again I'm calling for Held's job...
fired gordon ramsay GIF

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
<insert cat emoji>
Dude got his knee repaired here, probably had the other knee at least cleaned up and then POOF...thanks bitches, I know I'm not going to see much PT b/c Held doesn't think I'm good enough or my knees are healthy enough so thanks for the rehab and all the gear, food, place to stay...we gone! Good luck to him but DAYUM, Held and the staff look like jackasses for taking a shot on this kid only to have him split to the portal. Once again I'm calling for Held's job...
fired gordon ramsay GIF
I'm fine with taking this shot if you are recruiting in volume. If he hits you have an all B1G RB if he doesn't he hits the portal.

I agree I can't stand Held.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I got nothing... I was told his grades, attitude and covid were bigger problems in 2020 than his knees.

Big time talent just never panned out.

Oh well, I have full confidence in Held to develop that room.
GIF by Giphy QA
Will always be amazing to me how kids that get chances after injury after being dumped by their first choices have attitude issues. Like idk, maybe be grateful instead? Just a thought

lol at this point I have just a tad more faith in Held than I do Verdu right now.....which is about as much faith as I have that we won’t try to out spread OU lol

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Will always be amazing to me how kids that get chances after injury after being dumped by their first choices have attitude issues. Like idk, maybe be grateful instead? Just a thought

lol at this point I have just a tad more faith in Held than I do Verdu right now.....which is about as much faith as I have that we won’t try to out spread OU lol
Ya I keep saying....
  • Fire Held
  • Make Mario an analyst... Would be a good gig for him to transition to retirement. I simply don't think we get enough ROI to have a full time QB coach.
  • Hire a good RB coach.... Nixon's dad wouldn't suck, but you would probably need to make him an OC to get him.
  • Make Busch Crooting Coor/Special Teams co-coor/Co-DB/Associate HC/Recruiting Bad ass
  • Frost would coach QBs more with help from Mario and Lubbick.
  • Keep everything else the same.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds