Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Thin skin alive and well on Tater Island....... (6 Viewers)

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I'm glad someone is making fun because when I originally saw the Callahan tweet I thought, "Oh Thompson is done at Nebraska, he's no longer a part of the collective" and then I read the actual 1890 tweet and thought, "Fucking Callahan"

Freebird

Wingback
Insider
What I don't understand (and I even said this on tater island) was that I don't understand why he felt the need to delete an entire thread.
Someone else also noted on the same thread that there's been an abusive amount of post and thread deletions the past few months.

Correcting his tweet is one thing. But deleting the entire thread and overly moderating the site shows he's a cry baby bitch who can't handle a little teasing

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Ive always thought Dean's name should be Numpty Dumpty as a play on Humpty Dumpty

Numpty: a stupid or ineffectual person. "confused numpties who have little idea of what they're talking about"
Dumpty: because he is round like Humpty Dumpty.

doublewing

Running Back
This seems par for the course in the Message Board "journalism" industry. Most of these dudes are local fan boys that stood up a web page, got the cell numbers of recruits, press passes, and a bunch of subscribers to pay them $10/month.

The more that traditional publications (OWH, LJS, etc) shed subscribers, the more these dudes will take hold of the industry. Like Tater Island, they'll do their best to get in bed with the program, pump out the same offseason BS, and subject you to articles that appear to have been written by a 10 year old.

Last edited:

ISUforNU

Cornerback
Elite Member
Ive always thought Dean's name should be Numpty Dumpty as a play on Humpty Dumpty

Numpty: a stupid or ineffectual person. "confused numpties who have little idea of what they're talking about"
Dumpty: because he is round like Humpty Dumpty.

Attachments

• A086456F-B526-4124-82CF-6F29B894E709.jpeg
    A086456F-B526-4124-82CF-6F29B894E709.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 14

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
What I don't understand (and I even said this on tater island) was that I don't understand why he felt the need to delete an entire thread.
Someone else also noted on the same thread that there's been an abusive amount of post and thread deletions the past few months.

Correcting his tweet is one thing. But deleting the entire thread and overly moderating the site shows he's a cry baby bitch who can't handle a little teasing
That's it. He has no self awareness. Had he just come into @jw3 thread and said something along the lines of "I hate that you can't edit Twitter posts. I had to delete that one and post a new one."

It all would have went away quickly. Instead he doubles down by deleting threads and whining that he's picked on.

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
deans deleted a shit ton of my post when I was right about betts and called them out for saying he wouldnt come and deleting my posts.
They then wrote his return article and within 10 secs of me posting i told you so he deleted it.
He also deleted posts of mine calling him out for his lack of criticism of frost but full criticism of rhule.

kaz36

Linebacker
Elite Member
He thinks he's the only guy in the world with a family or a busy schedule :rolleyes:
We have this bitch at work who is late almost every day. She whines because she has to drop a kid off at daycare and a couple more at school. Bitch, we've all gone through it and have been able to be to work on time. How about leaving a little earlier.

Funny thing is, I was running late to work one day and saw her leaving the school after dropping her last kid off. It was about 15 or 20 minutes before work. I turned around and followed her to see where she was going and she went to her husband's workplace and dropped off breakfast to him and sat there and ate with him while he was on his break. 🤮

Now, we do have office jobs that allow us to be flexible if we need to leave to run an errand, pick up a kid, etc., but it drives me nuts when you can't be to work on time on a regular schedule. Of course, she is the one in the office he stands around all day and gossips all the time.

Huskers633

Cornerback
Elite Member
I saw both jw3's thread and gratefulweb's thread. What I found most disturbing in those threads was the amount of posters that rushed to Dean's defense treating him as the fucking Messiah.

I've noticed Dean has been really pushing the "largest community" thing lately. Now there's plenty on $1 bandits over there that will stay on because they think Dean is the best. The truth is that Greg on rivals makes Dean and Mongo look like amateurs. You can even add Robin to that list. I use to like Robin and enjoyed his basketball coverage, but since the move to Tater Island he's different and more like Dean. I wonder how many will bail with their $1 sub runs out and it will change the numbers. I know my $1 sub runs out 5/31 and I'll be done with him. That $1 I gave Dean last year was the last. It baffles me how many don't see it with him.

I will give credit where credit is due, Dean did make me laugh yesterday. After this whole thing went down, someone in the weekly chat asked "what would you do for a klondike bar?" Dean responded "I'd have lunch with jw3." Gave me a good laugh.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds