Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

The Message Board Fallacy (2 Viewers)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Pretty sure Jim failed to maximize his home office deductions on last year’s tax return. Baron still chirping about the high cost of staples. It’s ugly.
Do you have any fucking idea how many staples I use in a year? Because if the answer is no, you're no better than that fucking "accountant"

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
the-office.gif

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
The three other guys in my golf group yesterday all think Frost should probably get one more year. They aren’t passionate about that stance so I don’t think they’d be pissed if he got fired, but it did surprise me that all of them said that.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
So I did some social media sleuthing and you guys are right. There is not as much of an appetite to move on from Scott Frost.

If Frost is kept, I will be disappointed (especially if this ends up being 3-9) but of course I will cheer for the Huskers.

If Frost is kept and they don't fire AT LEAST Austin and Verduzco then I don't know how you could have any type of hope for 2022 even with the easier schedule.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I think it's still hard to judge this decision right now, and I hope Turd isn't about to make an announcement about bringing Frost back already. I'm off the bandwagon, it seems very clear that these close losses mean we're UNDERACHIEVING, not overachieving. But I think the decision is very tough for the admins, especially after his hire was understandably treated like 'THE SUREFIRE HERO IS BACK! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! WE'RE IN SAFE HANDS FOR THE NEXT 25 YEARS"

The weird thing is, for whatever reason, message boards, coaches, players, and media are all kind of treating the OSU game as if it was the last game of the season. Coaches revealing secret injuries, players talking about whether they will come back next year or deciding to have off-season surgery before the season is over, etc. We still have two of our biggest "rivals" left to go. If we beat both of them, there is clearly no way Frost gets fired. But if we lose to both of them, especially if the games get ugly after acting like the season is over already, well... 3-7 feels horrible, but 3-9 is gonna feel a hell of a lot worse.

I truly think the upper brass WANT Frost to work out, that's abundantly clear. They're giving him all the support and resources he needs, nobody is undercutting him in any way, they believe the best thing for NU is for Scott Frost to figure it all out. But again, 3-7 with 7 super close losses is one thing, 3-9 with the possibility of two rivals taking their frustrations out on us is something else.

Who knows what will happen, I just hope Turd doesn't make the call until the season is over.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
Meh. I’ve engaged with him before.

I’m sure he’s probably a normal dude who I’d get along with in real life and has plenty of posts I appreciate.
I’ve had the distinct pleasure of having a beer (or 5) with @…TrueColors… & @Faux Sean Callahan

Both solid guys and both successful in their chosen careers. Lack of confidence is not a problem for either of them and I like that.

I’m guessing that lack of confidence isn’t a problem for most of the PB guys. Well…..except maybe for that little turd, Tony. He seems to be indecisive, similar to our starting QB.

And not that anyone cares but I’m ready to be done with the Frost experiment but pretty sure that it ain’t gonna happen for at least another year.

In Turd we trust……🙄

Last edited:

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
I think people around here are tired of "close" conversation, but the conversation this season is pretty different if we were losing to NIU or 54-21 to Minnesota.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
If his name was Scott Johnson and from Montana there would be close to no one defending him and wanting him back.

Oh, Nebraska fans. We are something.
This is absolutely true, but there's also nothing we can do about it. It's baked into the decision-making process at this point.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds