Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

The Cock - Purdoodoo

For the first time in a long time I'm pretty Meh about watching a game. Going to have to find an alternative to watch this game I don't think I'm willing to pay extra to watch these boys.

Bored Episode 15 GIF by The Simpsons

For the first time in a long time I'm pretty Meh about watching a game. Going to have to find an alternative to watch this game I don't think I'm willing to pay extra to watch these boys.

Bored Episode 15 GIF by The Simpsons
Agreed, I wouldn’t pay $9 to watch this game if you paid me!!

Last edited:
It will probably be better the closer we get to the game. 🤣

I hate to say it but it's like a show I've watched for a long time and I've slowly started to lose interest.
Yeah, Friday night looked like so many of the same losses over the last several years. The only difference being they managed to do it with better personnel.

I definitely won't be watching any "Chasing 3" episodes. Film the next one when they beat a good team.

Just to be clear, it's not anything really to do with winning or losing this last game.

Obviously it was another disappointing loss but after 20 plus years of following the team closely (probably too closely, 🤣 just a casual fan before) for whatever reason this last off-season I just slowly started to lose interest in it all and now I'm at the point where it's like meh one way or another on what the team does.

I know Dear Facebook, please continue about your day. 🤣

Just to be clear, it not anything really
to do with winning or losing this last game.

After 20 plus years of following the team closely (probably too closely, 🤣 just a casual fan before) for whatever reason this last off-season I just slowly started to lose interest in it all and now I'm at the point where it's like meh one way or another on what the team does.

I know Dear Facebook, please continue about your day. 🤣
I'm feeling the same way. The Illinois game has almost pushed me completely out the door.

CFB in general isn't really an athletic competition any longer, it's a financial competition. Whoever can afford to buy the best team will win. Some of the new NIL/profit sharing changes are going to totally ruin athletic departments who don't have the resources. That is not good for the overall product. Even the NFL puts financial limitations in place to maintain competitive balance.

I'm feeling the same way. The Illinois game has almost pushed me completely out the door.

CFB in general isn't really an athletic competition any longer, it's a financial competition. Whoever can afford to buy the best team will win. Some of the new NIL/profit sharing changes are going to totally ruin athletic departments who don't have the resources. That is not good for the overall product. Even the NFL puts financial limitations in place to maintain competitive balance.
Nebraska had no chance before NIL to become relevant again with the way the landscape of college football changed. I have no issue with players getting paid. I’m mixed on the transfer rule, but if we play it right it can help us. You have to get with the times or get left behind like Dabo.

Nebraska had no chance before NIL to become relevant again with the way the landscape of college football changed. I have no issue with players getting paid. I’m mixed on the transfer rule, but if we play it right it can help us. You have to get with the times or get left behind like Dabo.
Bingo. Anyone complaining about kids being paid is a fucking loser. We just lost to a team with about 1/4th the NIL resources that NU has.

There’s never been more upsets across college football week to week, and the talent is completely spread out across multiple teams. Ratings are through the roof and there are bangers upon bangers weekly across the entirety of the sport. Somehow I’m supposed to believe thats a bad thing?

If you aren’t letting the results of a football game determine how you behave for the next 96 hours that doesnt mean you’re less of a fan, congratulations, it means you’ve finally matured as a human being into what is known as an “adult”

As we have seen here, buying good players doesn’t guarantee you shit. You still have to coach them up, have mental fortitude, play as a team, etc. And to your point- Nebraska was never going to win anything ever again without NIL. This completely changes the game for us and actually gives us a chance to get talent in the door to change our fortunes in the future.

Anyone bitching about any of this is just being a sourpuss. We’ll see them on the board here next week complaining about something else because thats what these people do.

That must be why Illinois beat us at home Friday 🙄

It will probably be better the closer we get to the game. 🤣

I hate to say it but it's like a show I've watched for a long time and I've slowly started to lose interest.

Honest question for you guys: how do you guys explain NFL fans? Most NFL game end up as 3-7 pt games. One team loses because of a dumb mistake quite often. Yet their fans come back every year. Most cities pack their stadiums for .500 level or worse teams.

Why do Cleveland Browns (and 20 other cities) fans happily pay $$$ to go every game to support a .500 team?

We probably have a 7-5 team this year and we got fans going "this is disgraceful"

NFL tickets are expensive as fuck. I don't understand why the fans in Cleveland, Seattle, Denver, Atlanta, Houston go back every yr for 9-8 football, yet with a 7-5 team this year our fans are crying "it's too many losses. I'm never going to a game again."

Losing is part of sports. The days of 9-2 every year are gone. It's OK to go support your team when you know they aren't going to win 85% of their games. Most football fans understand this. We actually have a coach that's probably going to get us to probably 70-75% win percentage (which is very good in this era). It amazes me that any NU fan would tap out now. You guys wouldn't make it a day as a Browns, Falcons, Bears, Vikings fan, etc.

NGL I haven’t watched a full game yet this year. And I’ll be on a cruise for this one so it’s gonna be 0/5. My give a damn has been broken for several years. I had hope after the 3-0 start but it’s broken again after Friday.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back