Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Stop with the instate recruiting! They hardly ever work out!!!! (2 Viewers)

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
I would post this over on tater bills but I’ll get killed by the sunshine pumpers. Hell, probably will here as well.

This fan base, this media I overate our instate talent every single year.

And guess what? They hardly ever work out!

Nelson, Snagrass, Hickman, Georgina, Heinrich, Teddy, Betts, etc.

Need I go on? When was the last time one worked out? Nile’s freaking Paul? Was that like 2007?

Someone had to post something to make these next couple days go by fast.

GBR305

Linebacker
I wouldn't go that far as to say stop recruiting in-state, but for the love of God, don't feel like we have to take EVERY in-state kid with P5 offers/interest.

David Engelhaupt
Garrett Snodgrass
Chris Walker

We knew these guys weren't P5 material the moment they committed.

Huskers0119

Linebacker
Elite Member
Obviously don't ever stop recruiting in state kids just for the sake of doing so, but I do agree that every in state kid that has a Div 1/P5 offer doesn't automatically need a Nebraska offer. Whether it be because of fit, numbers, projection, whatever, sometimes some guys wouldn't work out here as well as other places despite growing up in Omaha/Waverly/Lincoln. I hate the sentiment that some fans have that just because some in state kid gets an ISU/KSU/Cockeye offer that we HAVE to offer and pursue the kid no matter what.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Nebraska players tend to do better at other programs which is more a condemnation of Nebraska's ability to develop over the last decade than the ability of the players.

I think the trend will improve under Rhule.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I would post this over on tater bills but I’ll get killed by the sunshine pumpers. Hell, probably will here as well.

Need I go on? When was the last time one worked out? Nile’s freaking Paul? Was that like 2007?

Kenan Thompson No GIF by Saturday Night Live

macmoolah

Linebacker
I think this is a greater indictment on the previous regime's inability to develop and keep talent here rather than Nebraska Kids sucking

Husker15

Linebacker

RedSeaRising

Commissioner
Elite Member
tPB OG

It's almost like there's a couple more layers of strategy to in-state recruiting if you evaluate it for more then 4 seconds. Perhaps the purpose of this recruiting isn't to rely on it as our main source of talent on the roster

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds