Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread (3 Viewers)

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
It's pretty much like any other commodity/commodity-linked industry - real easy to get burned. I've thought about adding some energy to my port, but I think I'd stick to a broad basket, like a mix of oil and natural gas plus some clean energy stuff.
If i did it, which I probably won't, it'd be a short term hold. Might even day trade it. I day trade commodities occasionally, grains mostly. The potential volatility is appealing, but the fundamentals are what I'm wondering about. A chart can tell you plenty, but at the end of the day a spec trade's a spec trade. I thought the Iran news would give more clarity, but imo it hasn't yet. Puts and calls would be a way to mitigate some risk. The board basket makes plenty of sense if your holding for awhile.

BingoDingo

Absolute Idiot
If i did it, which I probably won't, it'd be a short term hold. Might even day trade it. I day trade commodities occasionally, grains mostly. The potential volatility is appealing, but the fundamentals are what I'm wondering about. A chart can tell you plenty, but at the end of the day a spec trade's a spec trade. I thought the Iran news would give more clarity, but imo it hasn't yet. Puts and calls would be a way to mitigate some risk. The board basket makes plenty of sense if your holding for awhile.
Idk, the way the market has reacted to OPEC prod level announcements and previous recent conflict driven news, I don't know if it's much of an upside trade. Unless we get some absolute volatility and we get to 70 or 110, idk if you're getting much ..

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
What’s your guys thoughts on LULU?

seems like a mix bag from analyst, but fundamentally it is a strong company. Also it is the best value it has been in the last 5 years

1713362062640.png

1713362158974.png

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member

Toe

Wide Receiver
Never ask a woman her age, a man his salary, or Lululemon how they got their name.

racist comedy central GIF

BingoDingo

Absolute Idiot
"Recessions don't hit the US economy without a catalyst of some sort, and we just don't see what is going to stop consumer spending," Jefferies US economist Tom Simons wrote in a note on April 12."

The American Consumer is simply unwilling to accept defeat. Truly inspirational.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds