Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Steven M. Sipple: Go ahead and disrespect Martinez, he's classier than us — classier than most (1 Viewer)

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Seems like a good kid. No off field trouble that I can remember. Always faces the media after tough losses. Never throws anybody under the bus.

Not always a great decision maker with the ball.

Not great in a big spot.

Deserves some blame for the struggles of the last 4 years, but as not as much as he gets.

Absolutely has a ton of physical ability.

Maybe a different coach in the room he has more success.

RedSavage

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
This is correct. Unfortunately, he’s just not the qb for us. I really hope he transfers somewhere and balls out. As many times as I’ve screamed at my tv bc of him, the kid still deserves it.

Havoc34

Clit Commander
Elite Member
Great person and teammate by all accounts. Except maybe being one of the leading voices on not playing in a bowl game. Put up wild numbers despite not always having the best talent or coaching around him. Was asked to put a lot on his shoulders, except he couldn’t handle it. Never felt he had a killer instinct or clutch factor. Made some great plays, but made too many really bad plays when it mattered most. All the turnovers are almost insurmountable in-terms of how it’s affected the team’s record. Proud he’s a Cornhusker, but the program is ready for a new QB.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Shatel described Adrian as "right guy at the wrong time". Which I think is a good way to describe him.

Had he come along to a program w stability among the coaching staff, stability on the OL, stability w RBs, stability w WRs... he probably would have been a 9-win a year guy. Problem was, he was initially going to Tennessee and he wasn't getting any of that there either.

The setup around was the worst possible thing for him. The most comfortable he ever looked ironically enough was his FR yr when Frost just basically plug-and-played the stability left over from Riley's regime around Adrian. The more Frost "built" his offense, the more unstable things got. Like the reverse Midas touch.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
The setup around was the worst possible thing for him. The most comfortable he ever looked ironically enough was his FR yr when Frost just basically plug-and-played the stability left over from Riley's regime around Adrian. The more Frost "built" his offense, the more unstable things got. Like the reverse Midas touch.

That you Mike?

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Shatel described Adrian as "right guy at the wrong time". Which I think is a good way to describe him.

Had he come along to a program w stability among the coaching staff, stability on the OL, stability w RBs, stability w WRs... he probably would have been a 9-win a year guy. Problem was, he was initially going to Tennessee and he wasn't getting any of that there either.

Better QB…Adrian or Taylor Martinez?

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member

It was down to us or Tennessee, mostly because big time programs backed off after he didn’t play a snap of football his SR year.

Maybe it was smart of most coaches to worry about a guy who needed surgery on his throwing shoulder

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
Taylor was electric when he got loose. But even worse in the pocket than Adrian.

T Magic had better teams around him, and played in a division easier than the Big 10 West
True, but you got to remember that when Taylor came on the scene, he was one of the first dual threat QB's with crazy speed and no one could stop him. Once defenses figured out to stop him and he stubbed his toe or twisted an ankle, he wasn't as electric. But agree that he had a better supporting cast and receivers.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds