Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Spring Practice (7 Viewers)

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
Don’t care about the video; imagine some of the stuff he has heard or seen.
Heard a story that coach Rhule absolutely ripped into one of the video dudes for filming one of his game (I assume) speeches. Not sure if he just didn't think he should be there or if he thought it was just some random person filming. Poor kid lol

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
I'd just like to see evidence that they matter
So they're supposed to reduce head impacts, distribute/dampen the force in practice. Basically take the sub-concussive level hits off, especially the ones that OL/DL pretty much have every play. I've had teams that have had them and most that don't.

Was told about 12-14 years ago by our Helmet guy at the time that anything that adds weight to the helmet can void anything from the helmet manufacturer. Obviously must not be true or something has changed, because they're everywhere.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
I understand it will become the norm but I dread they day they start wearing them in games as well. My initial reaction is always a smirk. I suppose the guys who wore leather helmets thought the next step in helmets made the players look like pussy's too.
When my Dad played for the Hartington Wildcats in the mid-40's, only the seniors got to wear the hard helmets. Underclassmen had to wear the leather ones. He's sitting in the next room (at the age of 95) devouring a book, so not everyone who wore leather helmets got CTE. The game was just different then.

Shitty pic, but here's the upperclassmen ready to head into battle. Dad is #41, FWIW.

F2C32270-420F-4908-A7EF-25029F12B78A_1_105_c.jpeg

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
So they're supposed to reduce head impacts, distribute/dampen the force in practice. Basically take the sub-concussive level hits off, especially the ones that OL/DL pretty much have every play. I've had teams that have had them and most that don't.

Was told about 12-14 years ago by our Helmet guy at the time that anything that adds weight to the helmet can void anything from the helmet manufacturer. Obviously must not be true or something has changed, because they're everywhere.
Yeah, I'm just kind of skeptical that they work as advertised (and kind of CTE research generally) and wonder if the advertised benefits are actually there.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah, I'm just kind of skeptical that they work as advertised (and kind of CTE research generally) and wonder if the advertised benefits are actually there.
You can actually get a hell of a concussion in a car accident even if your head doesn't hit anything (just from the whiplash effect). So in theory those soft Qtip things wouldn't stop that. They do make your helmet less of a weapon though. So they may actually be more for other players than they benefit you.

Beyond that....
Chris Farley Idk GIF

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
You can actually get a hell of a concussion in a car accident even if your head doesn't hit anything (just from the whiplash effect). So in theory those soft Qtip things wouldn't stop that. They do make your helmet less of a weapon though. So they may actually be more for other players than they benefit you.

Beyond that....
Chris Farley Idk GIF
Add weight to the head...more chance of whiplash....that was my understanding from the helmet guy and why not to get them.

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Add weight to the head...more chance of whiplash....that was my understanding from the helmet guy and why not to get them.
This echoes what the football coach at my school said. That being said, they are getting them next year more so for the appearance of safety.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Take your pick starting with the medical/health professionals.
I'm thinking a combination lock device to block kids from seeing their phone screen is low hanging fruit.

"Do you want to protect your kids from Instagram, Tiktok, and pedophiles? Buy the patent pending Phone Screen Annihilator, which will keep your kids from looking at their phone when you don't want them to be."

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I'm thinking a combination lock device to block kids from seeing their phone screen is low hanging fruit.

"Do you want to protect your kids from Instagram, Tiktok, and pedophiles? Buy the patent pending Phone Screen Annihilator, which will keep your kids from looking at their phone when you don't want them to be."
You take VENMO for that?

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I want him to make us a tPB marketing video.
We need someone with a good voice to do the narration.

"Do you want real Husker news? Do you like boobs and saying Fuck? Have you been banned from an unnamed Husker board for stupid reasons? Then we here at The Platinum Board are just the medicine you need!

At the Platinum Board, we're better than you, and we know it!"

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
We need someone with a good voice to do the narration.

"Do you want real Husker news? Do you like boobs and saying Fuck? Have you been banned from an unnamed Husker board for stupid reasons? Then we here at The Platinum Board are just the medicine you need!

At the Platinum Board, we're better than you, and we know it!"
Reminds me of this gem

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds