Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Spring Practice Day 3 (2 Viewers)

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I'm not surprised. Why cover it up? The public responses will be motivational.

I always told my kid never to dog it at practice - you never know who is watching

I'm good with it personally. Just don't remember ever seeing a Husker practice video with a minute or two of one player being put on the pedestal of shame like Barthel did with AJay. Usually it is just shorter snippets of things, but this one hung on that minute or two of what happened.

I am sure the coaches talked with AJay during and after practice about this. I know one of the report write ups said the coach pulled him aside at some point after that, and I am sure there was constructive teaching going on. You can't have a player blatantly dogging a coach and not doing what he is told like that. Those kinds of players will either adjust or be weeded out.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Nobody gonna discuss Ajay Allen getting kicked out of a drill at the 5:20 mark? Bo Pelini would've had a fvcking cow if that made the air under his watch.
He certainly does get forcefully talked to, but I don't know if he got "kicked out" of the drill because he is shown doing it again a bit later, 6:05 mark.

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
The focus was more about how weak we were and the stronger we were getting.

Fast forward to now where the focus is we're too big and need to get smaller and faster.
I don't think either of those takes was wrong, it just seems like Frost's regime wanted the team to be bigger to the detriment of anything else

Rhule and staff seem to have a more balanced approach

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don't think either of those takes was wrong, it just seems like Frost's regime wanted the team to be bigger to the detriment of anything else

Rhule and staff seem to have a more balanced approach
It seems Rhule's S&C staff is focused on lowering body fat % and increasing mobility

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
Small thing, but I love how they correct in the moment. If you wait to correct mistakes after watching practice tape you lose the intensity of the moment to teach and for information to stick. I hated that about frosts staff and always wondered if that was part of the problem.
I agree, thought it was a huge issue in the Frost era. The go fast and make corrections in film mantra I thought lead to poor execution overall.

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member
juedy looks way too out of shape imo
Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds