Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Speculation from yesterday (1 Viewer)

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
I do hate vague posts, sorry for dropping one yesterday and they'll be vagueness to this as well because I'm speculating based on pretty good evidence.

The chain of events and cancelations yesterday led me to and still leads me to believe something is up.

The one I can share for sure is someone who was working the game Saturday was unassigned and travel plans canceled; he was not rescheduled but told to standby. I received that information yesterday right in the middle of the other emails cancelations I had received. I was planning on trying to meet up with him Saturday afternoon.

My first guess is Minnesota / Nebraska is not happening this weekend based on the two cancelations yesterday.

I don't have 100% information on this, but it just feels that way.

Then I saw this Sir Yacht tweet (he does have good information)

Mood4NU

Linebacker
Elite Member
So you think this is coming from the minnesota side or the nebraska side as far as COVID goes?

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
So you think this is coming from the minnesota side or the nebraska side as far as COVID goes?

That I don't know. My extent of knowledge is what I was supposed to be doing today and what someone else was schedule to do Saturday.

I could be totally over analyzing and timing was a coincidence. Reassignments could have happened conference wide due to other game cancelations or COVID.

This is just what I'm thinking, Minnesota cancels, Nebraska plays Rutgers at Nebraska, possibly Sunday or Monday and OSU plays Maryland Sunday or Monday.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Not to discredit you, but since they're changing the number of games that Ohio State has to play now, basically giving them the week off, then this means essentially nothing....right? They can't just cancel our game this week "just because" can they?

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member
If you’re right I’m gonna kill Waterboy. Unless he thinks Smothers is better than Adrian? Not sure. He hasn’t talked much about Smothers this year other than saying he looks good, but nothing specific. He’s never at any point said he was outplaying AM and Luke.

He did Venmo me $100 fwiw.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
If you’re right I’m gonna kill Waterboy. Unless he thinks Smothers is better than Adrian? Not sure. He hasn’t talked much about Smothers this year other than saying he looks good, but nothing specific. He’s never at any point said he was outplaying AM and Luke.

Seems like AM and LM are fine then

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider

Can you check with Waterboy and see if they had a "normal" Wednesday practice? or if they practiced today?

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

Could both be valid if cancellation is from Minnesota side.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Could both be valid if cancellation is from Minnesota side.
True is right. Something would have leaked by now. Tomorrow is Thursday, it's just too late for things to go wrong like that. If it's Minnesota, they would have shut down again and that would have come out already.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
That I don't know. My extent of knowledge is what I was supposed to be doing today and what someone else was schedule to do Saturday.

I could be totally over analyzing and timing was a coincidence. Reassignments could have happened conference wide due to other game cancelations or COVID.

This is just what I'm thinking, Minnesota cancels, Nebraska plays Rutgers at Nebraska, possibly Sunday or Monday and OSU plays Maryland Sunday or Monday.
What conference do you ref for?

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Thanks for sharing OP. I know that not all rumors or gut feelings pan out but that doesn’t mean they don’t have some legs in some respect. I’d rather be apart of a community that explores the rumors and hears a person out than one that just condemns.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Thanks for sharing OP. I know that not all rumors or gut feelings pan out but that doesn’t mean they don’t have some legs in some respect. I’d rather be apart of a community that explores the rumors and hears a person out than one that just condemns.
Totally agree

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
We've all got brains. Some less capable than others. @Baron Winnebago for instance. Nobody is harmed by hearing a rumor that turns out false.

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
Just to update this.

I found out my "bad news" was COVID related. But not as serious as I thought. Their were possible exposures to COVID with us and the team prior to Purdue. Nebraska does have some positives this week who are out. Not sure who though. They can't do contact tracing with us because we're around everyone at practice at some point.

I'm sure this was a BIG and MAC decision because a MAC practice official tested negative morning of practice, then came down with symptoms the next day and tested positive. That team has quite a few players out now.

It's not either QB. I heard from someone on the team AM had it in the summer.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds