Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Some thoughts going forward. (1 Viewer)

David Webb

JCTJB
Elite Member
HH is a one read and done passer. I’m not sure he has completed a pass to anyone that is not his primary target. He’s a good runner if he has an open lane to run through, but hasn’t shown the ability to make people miss or have a sudden change of direction at or near the line of scrimmage.

Sims is probably a better overall runner and doesn’t just stare down his primary target. Sims is also a turnover machine and it looks like his confidence is shaken.

Judgement - we’re fucked and Michigan is going to gang rape our offense no matter who starts.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
HH and option heavy the rest of the year gets us in a bowl game.

HH at QB we beat Minnesota

IMG-0877.jpg

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Depends what’s behind him. I’m not defending the turnovers. If he cleans that up he’s clearly our best option. BIG IF. You can’t convince me HH is a starting level big ten QB right now. I’ll take my chances with the other guy.
HH has almost zero lateral quickness. Watching him try to “juke” is painful. He doesn’t seem capable of pitching the ball in the option game. He’s a terrible passer. Fidone made a play on his TD.

The one Sims play was a shitshow but I think Ives was in there and may have gone the wrong way. Otherwise Sims just fucked up the direction.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
The one Sims play was a shitshow but I think Ives was in there and may have gone the wrong way. Otherwise Sims just fucked up the direction.
Right, it looked like 💩 but we don’t know what the call was.

I’m standing by it today. If DONU has any chance at a bowl this year we have to hope Sims gets right. HH might be fine someday but it’s not today.

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
1: Rhule and Turd both told us since Rhule was hired that the goal was to make sure the defense got fixed and they basically have delivered in that. If we can keep building on that it can be such a positive thing. I'll say it again, recruits will want to play on this defense.

2: It hurts my head to think that La Tech can take a freshman WR who blew his knee out here and have him transfer there then having him on the field catching passes....and we can't get one young guy to even sniff the ball. Good job, DeColdest. Good for you, man.

3: Anybody feeling good about a game coming down to Tristan Alvano from 43?

4: HH needs to start against Michigan. He deserves it. Sims one play was a clown show.

5: Stop trying to make Tommi Hill a thing. He has done the following this season in limited duty...
A: Gets beat deep on a 3rd & a mile.
B: Tackled for loss on reverse.
C: No catches on any of his go routes.
D: Fumbled a kickoff return

Has there ever been a guy more snakebitten? Some dudes just have a cloud hanging over them and he is one.
Agree 1000% on Tommi Hill.

I was saying to my buddy the whole game that he is worthless. Sure, he’s a great athlete but he brings nothing of substance on the field at WR, DB, or KO return.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’m impressed we are 2-2. We have the same or better record than…

Indiana
Michigan State
Minnesota
Northwestern
Illinois
Purdue
Cockeye State
Cincinnati
Houston
Oklahoma State
Baylor
Texas Tech
Clemson
Ga. Tech
Va. Tech
Pitt
Arkansas
MS State
USC Jr.

Oh, and Kansas is 4-0

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Agree 1000% on Tommi Hill.

I was saying to my buddy the whole game that he is worthless. Sure, he’s a great athlete but he brings nothing of substance on the field at WR, DB, or KO return.
He's frustrating. That kickoff return he had some room if he holds onto the ball and he was moving.

In his defense he's gotten behind the defense every time they try him deep and had bad passes on every one.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I’m impressed we are 2-2. We have the same or better record than…

Indiana
Michigan State
Minnesota
Northwestern
Illinois
Purdue
Cockeye State
Cincinnati
Houston
Oklahoma State
Baylor
Texas Tech
Clemson
Ga. Tech
Va. Tech
Pitt
Arkansas
MS State
USC Jr.

Oh, and Kansas is 4-0
There is no universe, while I was growing up, that I ever thought it would be possible, that someday, Kansas would have a better football program than us.

Mr.Bojangles

Offensive Lineman
There is no universe, while I was growing up, that I ever thought it would be possible, that someday, Kansas would have a better football program than us.
It's happened once before also under mangino. I just never imagined it would happen twice.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Weirdly enough if you figure out the QB, everything else ends up being easier

For the life of me I don’t understand why Nebraska has tried to buy discount hand me down players like Thompson and Sims.

Instead of just finding the best QB that would answer the phone and ask him how many 0’s it will take for him to transfer here.

Ex: Jalon Daniels is from Cali, he don’t give a fuck about KU if we give him a dump truck full of money.

iruletheskool

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
For the life of me I don’t understand why Nebraska has tried to buy discount hand me down players like Thompson and Sims.

Instead of just finding the best QB that would answer the phone and ask him how many 0’s it will take for him to transfer here.

Ex: Jalon Daniels is from Cali, he don’t give a fuck about KU if we give him a dump truck full of money.

I dont think thats what Thompson was. He was pretty highly valued and ony left because the best QB anybody has ever seen transferred in.

Sims I dont understand

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
tPB OG
I dont think thats what Thompson was. He was pretty highly valued and ony left because the best QB anybody has ever seen transferred in.

Sims I dont understand
I feel like Thompson met the "best QB who would pick up the phone and take money criteria" given that Frost's ship was pretty much sunk at that point.

But generally speaking, yeah if we don't have the QB position figured out, go out and spend what it takes to QB who is already good. Not hypothetically good. Not could be good. Already good.

Huskerzz9457

Offensive Lineman
tPB OG

Someone on here (can't remember who) has been saying we should have went after Cam Ward, which would have been verrrry nice, but think he transferred the same year Casey did here and not Sims

kevost

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
Eh, I would argue same level program at that time.
2007? The year they went 12-1 were ranked as high as 2nd and the same year we fired our coach? The 3-5 year mark may average out, but their highs were way higher than ours.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds