Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Some minor new details about Frost's new contract

If we had a chart of positive and negative under Frost what positive moments could a person come up with during his four years? I’m not counting moral victories either. Pretty much the only positive is the defense in 2021 and it was completely wasted by an inept offense and special teams.

Literally all people can point to is that we didn’t get blown out while losing *this* year, ignoring the bad losses.

Frost did get blown out in 2018, 2019 and 2020 though, so the argument makes literally no sense.

All of the past coaches who were not good enough had show signs of life within 4 years. The sole argument in favor of Frost is “he’s a Nebraskan”.

The sole argument in favor of Frost is “he’s a Nebraskan”.
its a good argument though

he will pry go 10-2 next year and be our coach for the next 20 years. no more coaching carousel for nebraska

its a good argument though

he will pry go 10-2 next year and be our coach for the next 20 years. no more coaching carousel for nebraska

The start of the 2022 schedule isn’t getting easier. He needs to be 4-0 before the Oklahoma game. That game will then likely be at night in Lincoln in prime time with all of the college football talking heads in attendance.

Literally all people can point to is that we didn’t get blown out while losing *this* year, ignoring the bad losses.

Frost did get blown out in 2018, 2019 and 2020 though, so the argument makes literally no sense.

All of the past coaches who were not good enough had show signs of life within 4 years. The sole argument in favor of Frost is “he’s a Nebraskan”.
I will give Turd this. He was honest on why Frost was kept. He didn’t beat around the Bush like most ADs would have.

The start of the 2022 schedule isn’t getting easier. He needs to be 4-0 before the Oklahoma game. That game will then likely be at night in Lincoln in prime time with all of the college football talking heads in attendance.
And NW will probably rebound to some degree. I wouldn’t sleep on the first game.

Yup he needs to take care of business against teams we have more talent than

if he wasnt the only coach since 1998 to actually compete against ranked teams, then he’d be fired. why would anyone want 8-4 with 4 blowout losses. Let the man learn and adapt. the fuckin guy has won everywhere. now all
of the sudden he cant coach. the fuck outta here with that

UCF is literally the only place he's won games as a coach that matter at the level he's currently coaching at. Chinander and his crew are the sole reason this team hasn't been blown out of the water on multiple occasions despite Scott's shit bag offense gifting the opponents multiple points per game.

UCF is literally the only place he's won games as a coach that matter at the level he's currently coaching at. Chinander and his crew are the sole reason this team hasn't been blown out of the water on multiple occasions despite Scott's shit bag offense gifting the opponents multiple points per game.
Winning games in a group of 5 doesn’t always translate to winning games in a power 5 conference. His sample size also isn’t great in the group of 5 conference. Milton made Frost a lot of money. Without him Frost isn’t our head coach.

Does the head coach not get any credit for his defense? Honest question. I’m not defending any decisions. But since everything falls on the head coach, don’t we kinda have to acknowledge that he gets blame and credit for the defense too?

Does the head coach not get any credit for his defense? Honest question. I’m not defending any decisions. But since everything falls on the head coach, don’t we kinda have to acknowledge that he gets blame and credit for the defense too?
Yes he should get credit. It’s just ironic we brought Frost here for his offense and he has failed while everyone’s whipping boy chinander has succeeded. I’m guilty of thinking Chinander wouldn’t be good here.

I mean sure he deserves some credit for having Chinander here, but defense is only 1/3 of a football team. The other 2/3 of the units have been utter dog shit.

Maybe I'm way off track here, but I'm assuming Scott doesn't work directly with the defensive units near as much as he does with the offensive side. I'd love to be wrong on that.

Winning games in a group of 5 doesn’t always translate to winning games in a power 5 conference. His sample size also isn’t great in the group of 5 conference. Milton made Frost a lot of money. Without him Frost isn’t our head coach.
I've said the same thing multiple times, but a lot of posters think Milton was just an average QB because he hasn't done anything since transferring out of UCF. I think those same posters fail to remember he almost had to have a leg amputated...

I've said the same thing multiple times, but a lot of posters think Milton was just an average QB because he hasn't done anything since transferring out of UCF. I think those same posters fail to remember he almost had to have a leg amputated...
Let’s just say if you switch Martinez around with Milton Frost isn’t undefeated. Milton was throwing dimes and making the quick and right decisions all the time in Frost’s perfect year.

Last edited:
Exactly. I am all about giving praise where praise is due and that includes giving him some credit for the defense this year.

However, including an undefeated season, Frost is 34-34 as a HC. So, no, that does not mean he has won everywhere. He has 1 winning season out of 6.

Not when he’s publicly stated he has little to no involvement in what happens on that side of the ball.

Hasn’t that been the running joke, that the only promising aspect of this program is the one thing Frost hasn’t been involved in?

Cally, Bo, and Riley all had wins against ranked teams. Frost struggles to win against non-FCS teams. This hype about being 'close' because we score late to make games look close is dumb as fuck.
Correct. We have some dumb posters on here

Not when he’s publicly stated he has little to no involvement in what happens on that side of the ball.

Hasn’t that been the running joke, that the only promising aspect of this program is the one thing Frost hasn’t been involved in?
1000% correct. He has stated that Chinander runs the defense and he trusts him. So he is not involved with Defense which is doing fine but is involved with Offense and Special Teams which are failing to produce at a Power5 level. I'm not saying I'm great at Math but something doesn't add up here in Frost's favor.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back