Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

So my 7th grader has a "transitioning" teacher (1 Viewer)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Only thing I’m taking away from this thread is that @HCFord1 is a “heightist” who thinks short people are second class citizens.

Better not let Bobfather know or he will release the wrestling team on your ass.

Hard to hate short people when your face is getting rubbed into gravel after a double leg takedown. 😤
Jim's short so the second class citizen thing absolutely checks out

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG
Should there be a difference? I was taught in Biology that there were 2 genders.

I can tell you a lot of people care. My niece teaches 4th grade in Lincoln and has a student that is "transitioning." 4th grade. Wouldn't use either restroom, and refused to use the restroom in the nurse's office when that was offered as a compromise. It's a clusterfuck. Kids don't know what to think, teachers walk on eggshells, the administration has to make massive accommodations...all because the parents of a 4th grader decided to let a kid "choose" his gender.
Why would teachers walk on eggshells? Is it hard to ask what they prefer to go by and call them by that? The bathroom situation sounds like a shitshow.

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Why would teachers walk on eggshells? Is it hard to ask what they prefer to go by and call them by that? The bathroom situation sounds like a shitshow.
Human nature? It’s not like there is training for this in Teacher’s College. The kid was a girl K-3, but this year is a boy…imagine how that goes over when you line up to use the bathroom after recess? it’s not a discriminatory thing…its just the teachers and admin are always on high alert for doing or saying the wrong thing…and the inevitable bullying by the kids

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Human nature? It’s not like there is training for this in Teacher’s College. The kid was a girl K-3, but this year is a boy…imagine how that goes over when you line up to use the bathroom after recess? it’s not a discriminatory thing…its just the teachers and admin are always on high alert for doing or saying the wrong thing…and the inevitable bullying by the kids
Oh yeah no doubt, as well as having to deal with the inevitable parents who are confused, or are unable or unwilling to try to understand, let alone the full-on bigots, and there are tons of potential problems.

To be fair, it's a pretty big societal shift, it's going to be hard to understand for tons of people! But I really stand by what I said earlier, giving a little benefit of the doubt and a little grace to a group of people who have always had a shitty uphill battle in life is not hard to do. Things could go a lot smoother if that was the starting point.

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG
Oh yeah no doubt, as well as having to deal with the inevitable parents who are confused, or are unable or unwilling to try to understand, let alone the full-on bigots, and there are tons of potential problems.

To be fair, it's a pretty big societal shift, it's going to be hard to understand for tons of people! But I really stand by what I said earlier, giving a little benefit of the doubt and a little grace to a group of people who have always had a shitty uphill battle in life is not hard to do. Things could go a lot smoother if that was the starting point.
Nailed it there. That’s the majority of the problems here, masquerading as other issues

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
Only thing I’m taking away from this thread is that @HCFord1 is a “heightist” who thinks short people are second class citizens.

Better not let Bobfather know or he will release the wrestling team on your ass.

Hard to hate short people when your face is getting rubbed into gravel after a double leg takedown. 😤

I’m 6’4.5, but my tinder says 6’5…thinking about increasing it to 6’6…thoughts?

westernnehusker

Linebacker
Elite Member
Interesting first day as he told us he already got in trouble for calling "Mr" Bradley, her correct biological name Miss Bradley. She still has all the parts of a female and wants to just be identified as He/His/Him/Mr.

This should be a fun year with her. Hopefully sans political or social discussions in the class.

171180647_837254083890576_8162268743275997739_n.jpg
Sounds like it’s time for a new school.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds