Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

So my 7th grader has a "transitioning" teacher (1 Viewer)

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
Interesting first day as he told us he already got in trouble for calling "Mr" Bradley, her correct biological name Miss Bradley. She still has all the parts of a female and wants to just be identified as He/His/Him/Mr.

This should be a fun year with her. Hopefully sans political or social discussions in the class.

171180647_837254083890576_8162268743275997739_n.jpg

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
If he got in trouble for that already, not knowing the degree of trouble it was, I would already be contacting administration about it.

I have a 7th grader as well, he doesn't have any teachers with glaring mental disorders like this one clearly does but if on the first day she got offended because she thinks she's a boy. That's a her problem, not my kid's problem

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
I have a transitioning(ed) person and a “them” at my company. Both have been very understanding with others in screwing up how they address them. In fact, I had to find out on my own the pronouns and then have the conversation. Also have a cousin who is a “them” who doesn’t correct or complain about anyone who calls them something else. Just saying that not all people make a big deal about it. Sure, this isn’t the case all the time but my experiences have been surprisingly easy given I expected a drama show based on how the internet reacts.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Any trans person I've ever met has been totally normal and friendly and very understanding about accidentally messing up pronouns. They're people who just want to go about their lives with a little bit of benefit of the doubt and grace from the rest of us. I bet your kid's teacher will be the same, unless they're an unusually strict teacher for some reason.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Any trans person I've ever met has been totally normal and friendly and very understanding about accidentally messing up pronouns. They're people who just want to go about their lives with a little bit of benefit of the doubt and grace from the rest of us. I bet your kid's teacher will be the same, unless they're an unusually strict teacher for some reason.
My wife's step brother is trans and he acts more like a dude than I do. Full beard, goes hunting, drives a truck for a living, has 3 kids and a wife. Aside from being short, you'd never guess that he was born female. I've also never had a conversation with him about being trans, he just wants to live his life as a regular guy.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds