Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Sloppy Saturday Drinking Thread 🧵 (2 Viewers)

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Just drove from Lincoln to DFW. Got home and two G&Ts. But what’s special is that I had The Good Life gin from Loop City Distillery (in Loop City NE). It’s good stuff and I’m a gin snob. Bought 3x bottles at Nst Liquor. Nice!
Never had it. I’ll need to give it a try

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Just drove from Lincoln to DFW. Got home and two G&Ts. But what’s special is that I had The Good Life gin from Loop City Distillery (in Loop City NE). It’s good stuff and I’m a gin snob. Bought 3x bottles at Nst Liquor. Nice!
In my experience small town distilleries churn out decent to good vodka and gin. Anything else and it’s a crap shoot. There a handful of distilleries up here that make good vodka and gin using water from glaciers. Their whiskey is usually a blend of locally grown wheat and the MGP distillery in Indiana.

Elquesogrande68

Linebacker
Elite Member
tPB OG
In my experience small town distilleries churn out decent to good vodka and gin. Anything else and it’s a crap shoot. There a handful of distilleries up here that make good vodka and gin using water from glaciers. Their whiskey is usually a blend of locally grown wheat and the MGP distillery in Indiana.
Using water from glaciers would be really cool actually, even if only from a marketing perspective, but I imagine it might give it a slight mineral taste...which would be cool. What is the name of the gin? I will see if I can order some. Ta

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG
Using water from glaciers would be really cool actually, even if only from a marketing perspective, but I imagine it might give it a slight mineral taste...which would be cool. What is the name of the gin? I will see if I can order some. Ta
Look up Deerhammer. They are in Buena Vista, CO. I know Lenny. Great stuff if you can find it!

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I was watching a football game once where a player got knocked out. Everyone was really worried but then the players girlfriend, Vicky Valencourt, pulled out this glacier water that always stays cold. He drank some and hopped right up and said “now that’s high quality h20!” So it’s good stuff for sure

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
A couple distilleries use the claim. Amalga distillery, out of Juneau, makes a pretty solid Gin. Port Chilkroot, out of Haines, makes gin, vodka, and whiskey. Anchorage distillery company has a variety of flavored vodkas. Denali brewery has a dry hopped moonshine, called hop shine, that I really like.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds