Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Single digit jerseys just dropped

He’s huge
The Office GIF

This is one of my main curmudgeonly views... I'm not into the single digit thing haha.

Imagine Frazier being #15 and then switching to #3 halfway through his career, Ahman Green being #30 and then switching to #6, Rex Burkhead being #22 and then... also ending up #6. Grant Wistrom being #98 and then switching to #4… ya know what I mean? Plus, with so many guys over the years choosing from the same small number of jersey numbers it just ends up feeling LESS special.

I love the competition aspect and honoring these guys, I just wish there was another way. Even something small but meaningful, like the 10 guys getting to have their hometown area code on their helmet or something (like Frost did for the whole team and then took away for some reason). That would allow OL to get the honor too.

ZqMJoqM.jpeg

To expand a little more, think about even a short 5-year "good but not great" stretch like 2009-2014...

Imagine Helu, Burkhead, Bell, Suh, Prince, Fonzie, Niles, Ganz, Compton, Crick, Rose-Ivey, Foltz, Jano, Gerry, plus guys who already wore single digits like Lavonte, Ameer, Armstrong, Westerkamp, Asante, Thenarse, Gomes, imagine ALL of those guys having jersey numbers between 0-9 instead of the numbers we associate them with now, some of them (like Suh being #93) being iconic in Husker history... once it starts adding up it just seems like it'll be kind of weird and kind of a bummer! Haha

Last edited:
This is one of my main curmudgeonly views... I'm not into the single digit thing haha.

Imagine Frazier being #15 and then switching to #3 halfway through his career, Ahman Green being #30 and then switching to #6, Rex Burkhead being #22 and then... also ending up #6. Grant Wistrom being #98 and then switching to #4… ya know what I mean? Plus, with so many guys over the years choosing from the same small number of jersey numbers it just ends up feeling LESS special.

I love the competition aspect and honoring these guys, I just wish there was another way. Even something small but meaningful, like the 10 guys getting to have their hometown area code on their helmet or something (like Frost did for the whole team and then took away for some reason). That would allow OL to get the honor too.

ZqMJoqM.jpeg

To expand a little more, think about even a short 5-year "good but not great" stretch like 2009-2014...

Imagine Helu, Burkhead, Bell, Suh, Prince, Fonzie, Niles, Ganz, Compton, Crick, Rose-Ivey, Foltz, Jano, Gerry, plus guys who already wore single digits like Lavonte, Ameer, Armstrong, Westerkamp, Asante, Thenarse, Gomes, imagine ALL of those guys having jersey numbers between 0-9 instead of the numbers we associate them with now, some of them (like Suh being #93) being iconic in Husker history... once it starts adding up it just seems like it'll be kind of weird and kind of a bummer! Haha
To do a little psychological profiling here:
1. Do you pay for NFL Sunday Ticket?
2. Do you have a job in which you tuck your shirt in?

I think I already know the answer to these questions but I just want to see how I did.

To do a little psychological profiling here:
1. Do you pay for NFL Sunday Ticket?
2. Do you have a job in which you tuck your shirt in?

I think I already know the answer to these questions but I just want to see how I did.
0 for 2! Why?

Ah, if only we had some kind of...shirts...that we could give out to the defense to accomplish this and keep the single digits to the offense...what a time to be alive that would be
Yeah, let’s keep things the same, that has been working lately. Also, WTF says offense should get these numbers? In this 1960?

Reactions: Irv
Having been awful for most of the 21st century, it would be awesome if we could find a way to do things dramatically differently but without changing anything at all.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back