Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Shots Fired: Paul Finebaum -> Matt Rhule (11 Viewers)

doublewing

Running Back
This is the type of off-season shiny object that gives the media something to talk about. The formulaic and boring AF media days just produced a gift for them. The season cannot start soon enough.

JankTheTank

Linebacker
Elite Member
I'm skirting my own advice and still thinking about this. If asked about Finebaum's comments, I think Rhule would have a unique way of diffusing it, and in some ways, see it as an opportunity to elaborate further on his sales pitch:

"In my experience, if you're relevant enough to come across the crosshairs of a reknowned national pundit for talking about your conference, you must have done at least a few things right in your career."

Beyond that, Rhule might say he agrees with Finebaum on the gap between Nebraska and the upper echelon of the Big Ten.

"We can't erase the 5-7 record last year, but you can bet we are doing everything we can to improve that record going forward, and I believe that we can. Our entire team believes we can. But like I said, it's going to be a fun ride where we fight the elements. We're going to be playing in sunny L.A. in November, then return to to the midwest and play in weather that will likely not be beach friendly. If that doesn't sounds like an NFL situation, then I don't know what is. It's going to be fun, and it's going to be a greater chessmatch where you have to account for what you are capable of doing week to week depending on where you are playing. And I think that will be a great experience for the players in this conference where they have to learn to adapt to more variable circumstances week to week. And I think if you're hoping to play in the League after college, that will be a great experience in teaching you how to adapt to those week to week changes. One week you're in Miami. The next you're in Lambeau or Highmark trying to remember to keep your fingers warm."

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Finebaum looks exactly like Adolph Eichmann

God damn this is such a great post

tumblr_n1uazgR1JJ1qln00mo1_500.gif

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds