Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

ShortSideOption's Practice Observations (1 Viewer)

NSECTA4

Safety
Elite Member
You're not supposed to put your dick in there.
Jaw Drop Wow GIF

Cornicator

Safety
Insider
I still think Rahmir is the next Hickman - an in-betweener who's okay at a couple positions, but probably won't end up playing either of them much.

Rahmir may indeed not play much going forward, but the dude already has nearly 1,000 total yards and 8 career TDs more than Hickman ever produced at Nebraska.

Not sure that's a good comp.

Toe

Wide Receiver
@Cornicator Fair point, but remember that Rahimir was getting most of his carries when we were trying to fill the void left by... a WR that we had been playing at RB. The RB room looks way different now than it did when Rahmir was starting.

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member
Rahmir may indeed not play much going forward, but the dude already has nearly 1,000 total yards and 8 career TDs more than Hickman ever produced at Nebraska.

Not sure that's a good comp.
What’s hilarious about Rahmir ending up on the bench because he was a tweener is that he’s pretty much tailor made to be one of those coveted duck-r’s that Frost so badly wanted but couldn’t use effectively.

I actually see Rhule using him in a versatile, almost duck-like way once the base playbook is in and we can add some flavor.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
A couple of Waterboy’s former co-waterboy’s have reached out and told him that Rhule has much higher expectations for everyone, including the managers. Frost and his staff never held the managers responsible, and Frost said a total of about 5 words to Waterboy over the course of three seasons. Rhule knows them all by name.
I wonder if this will make Waterboy reluctant to spill anything going forward. Harder to spill the beans after you develop a personal relationship with the coach

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
The Pelini comparisons are interesting, and I was thinking the same thing (from an outsider fan's perspective)

This may sound like sacrilege based on what happened later, but the vibe around the program reminds me of the winter/spring after Bo got hired. AT THAT TIME I remember campus was buzzing because the new coaches all seemed so cool, and came across like such a tight knit crew, especially in comparison to the more aloof regime that came before.

I never saw a member of the Callahan staff when I was a student, but I’d see Bo jogging on campus all the time, I’d see the staff eating together in the dining halls, stuff like that. Obviously that vibe didn’t last long haha but I definitely remember in the early days it was like “WHOA we got a bunch of younger energized guys here embracing everything about NU, bringing a new sense of camaraderie and accountability, and actually walking the walk!!” It felt great and super positive!

I feel the same way watching this staff handle themselves so far, just a total breath of fresh air of authenticity and grit, and it feels even better because we know that Rhule is 10x the leader that Bo ever was.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Always wondered because you’re the only reason I went to that site. Any responses about what happened were deleted before I saw them. Place was like junior high kids
They (Huskermax) went full potato. SSO and N2FL were the only ppl worth reading over there and the mods/owner chased them away (no idea if N2FL is still there or not actually)

Ghost of Devaney

Linebacker
Elite Member
They (Huskermax) went full potato. SSO and N2FL were the only ppl worth reading over there and the mods/owner chased them away (no idea if N2FL is still there or not actually)
Agree. It was awful reading so I just searched for sso posts and read n2fl articles.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
I still think Rahmir is the next Hickman - an in-betweener who's okay at a couple positions, but probably won't end up playing either of them much.
I was surprised to hear from someone on one of the podcasts refer to him as someone who "still needs some work".

This has got to be at minimum his 4th year. (5th?)

If he doesn't have it by now it ain't happening.

Reactions: Toe

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I was surprised to hear from someone on one of the podcasts refer to him as someone who "still needs some work".

I'm not sure he has "it" but it does seem like the last staff might have blown it with him last year.

In 2021 he was our leading rusher at RB with 495 yards, and proved to be a legit receiving threat too with 197 yards.

Then in 2022, rather than keep developing him at RB they tried to invent a new position called "wide back" or something? And I think they split his practices between RB and WR if I remember right. Clearly that all backfired because he barely even played until the last game of the year.

I love the guy's attitude and determination so I'm rooting for him, but it seems like the last staff kinda screwed things up for him. Hopefully he'll get reacclimated to a normal role under Barthel and Satterfield.

Snockered69

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member

EJ Barthel said all the RBs need work yesterday during his presser. Talked about how there is experience but not all that much experience in the room.

In terms of needing work, the whole team needs a lot of work. This team hasn’t been to a bowl. Poor coaching instills bad habits, it’s hard to break bad habits. Can have a lot of good athletes on the team and not know it because of being taught and put in bad situations.

Haarberg is a prime example right now of how poor the coaching was. Went from not on the radar on the previous staff to the new coaches talking him up to be seemingly QB2.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Haarberg is a prime example right now of how poor the coaching was. Went from not on the radar on the previous staff to the new coaches talking him up to be seemingly QB2.
I don't think he'll be a QB2, or anywhere near it personally. And will probably change positions. But I could definitely see them using him like a Blake Bell type dude and come in a be a freak running some more QB centric run/option game. JMO.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
IGC taking one of the starting WR spots is interesting

He looked good at the beginning of last year, minus the fumble(s)

whoboppin

Linebacker
I'm not sure he has "it" but it does seem like the last staff might have blown it with him last year.

In 2021 he was our leading rusher at RB with 495 yards, and proved to be a legit receiving threat too with 197 yards.

Then in 2022, rather than keep developing him at RB they tried to invent a new position called "wide back" or something? And I think they split his practices between RB and WR if I remember right. Clearly that all backfired because he barely even played until the last game of the year.

I love the guy's attitude and determination so I'm rooting for him, but it seems like the last staff kinda screwed things up for him. Hopefully he'll get reacclimated to a normal role under Barthel and Satterfield.
Rahmir seems like a good dude and a good soldier, but IMO Grant right away showed he was just straight up better runner than Rahmir had ever shown before. Maybe later in the year they could have gone back to Rahmir when Grant kept bouncing runs though.

I kind of feel the same way about Gabe Ervin, with RBs I feel like you can just tell right away if they have it or not. Grant and Allen right away seem like they have it, the other two, Im not so sure. But I guess we will see.

Toe

Wide Receiver

That has nothing to do with coaching and everything to do with being a Spring Camp Hero, the same as we see every single spring. By the time Thompson and Smothers are back he'll be around QB4, pretty much the same as he would have been if Frost were still here.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds