Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Searing Questions for Ohio State Week.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
1. Who will trot out as QB1 against Ohio State this week. With the recent news of 2020 captains, it should be no surprise to whom QB1 will be, but the real question is now, in what capacity will the speed demon LM7 play?

2. Every fucking year we hear it. Every. Single. Fucking. Year. The OL is improved, the OL is improved. Best depth in years. Blah Blah Blah. Will this unit actually be improved. They'll be tested right out of the gate with the Fuckeye's bevy of first-rounders upfront. I'm in a holding pattern, but hopeful....THIS IS THE FUCKING YEAR!

3. Will Omar play. For Nebraska's Offense to be truly worth a shit, they need some vertical threats to help blow the top off the defense. I doubt Omar will play week 1. But will anyone step up and be "that guy." My guess is we see a bunch of white walk-ons on the field at some point and we get feasted on by Ohio State. There's a reason the line jumped from 21.5 to 26 or whatever the hell it is now.

4. How much will you dog curse Chinander after Saturday? My guess is a lot. Ohio State is loaded with freak shows and unless Ty Rob is the second coming of Suh, the Blackshirts are probably going to have a bad time.

5. Finally, how much will RSS, aka tater island, yearn for more Luke Reimer? He seems to be the darling of tater island, and assuming the spread is somewhere close, he'll probably see a lot of time.

It's GAME WEEK FUCKERS. SLAP THAT MOFO DICKMEAT.

1. Who will trot out as QB1 against Ohio State this week. With the recent news of 2020 captains, it should be no surprise to whom QB1 will be, but the real question is now, in what capacity will the speed demon LM7 play?

2. Every fucking year we hear it. Every. Single. Fucking. Year. The OL is improved, the OL is improved. Best depth in years. Blah Blah Blah. Will this unit actually be improved. They'll be tested right out of the gate with the Fuckeye's bevy of first-rounders upfront. I'm in a holding pattern, but hopeful....THIS IS THE FUCKING YEAR!

3. Will Omar play. For Nebraska's Offense to be truly worth a shit, they need some vertical threats to help blow the top off the defense. I doubt Omar will play week 1. But will anyone step up and be "that guy." My guess is we see a bunch of white walk-ons on the field at some point and we get feasted on by Ohio State. There's a reason the line jumped from 21.5 to 26 or whatever the hell it is now.

4. How much will you dog curse Chinander after Saturday? My guess is a lot. Ohio State is loaded with freak shows and unless Ty Rob is the second coming of Suh, the Blackshirts are probably going to have a bad time.

5. Finally, how much will RSS, aka tater island, yearn for more Luke Reimer? He seems to be the darling of tater island, and assuming the spread is somewhere close, he'll probably see a lot of time.

It's GAME WEEK FUCKERS. SLAP THAT MOFO DICKMEAT.

The WR thing continues to astound and baffle me. A program like Purdue can get legit talent at WR, and we are hoping a transfer from South Dakota is our savior.

Only thing I would add would be can Vokolek or any TE help stretch the field and in doing so create other passing opportunities. If Omar doesn’t play, and Hickman and Beck seem to fragile you play B1G football, can the TEs take some pressure of AM, Mills and Wandale?

Of course they have to call plays that utilize the TE, and we’ve also heard that for years. Assuming Lubick delivers on that and then the players run good routes, make catches, we may be able to open up the offense a little.

Last edited:
The WR thing continues to astound and baffle me. A program like Purdue can get legit talent at WR, and we are hoping a transfer from South Dakota is our savior.

This made me curious enough to go back and take a look at the recruiting classes.

2018:

Andre Hunt ⭐⭐⭐ - was actually recruited by Riley's staff first.... woof - "we only recruit good kids"
Dominick Watt ⭐⭐⭐⭐ - didn't make it to campus - currently playing at THEE Waldforf U
Mike Williams (juco) ⭐⭐⭐ - played...buuut....
Justin McGriff ⭐⭐⭐- transfer -Utah State
Katerian LeGrone ⭐⭐⭐ face palm - "we only recruit good kids"

2019:

WaNDale ⭐⭐⭐⭐ - hit, good find
Demaryion Houston ⭐⭐⭐ -Bueller ???
Darien Chase ⭐⭐⭐ - The pride of Portland St baby
Jamie Nance ⭐⭐⭐-Bueller ???

2020:

Omar Manning ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Zavier Betts ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Marcus Flemming ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Alante Brown⭐⭐⭐
Will Nixon ⭐⭐⭐

Looking specifically at 2018-2019, that is a ALARMING miss rate. I'd call that 1-8, or at least today you'd have to. Would be nice if Nance and/or Houston would do something, or at least get a good report on them.

In fairness, previous classes didn't do Frost any favors....but fugg.

Hopefully the 2020 class is fruitful.

Last edited:
My favorite theme on tater island is that if you’re predicting an Ohio State blowout win, you’re not a fan. The line for NU-OSU is the same as the line for Clemson-Georgia Tech. If we can say OSU and Clemson are approximately equal, that means in the eyes of Vegas and the public, Nebraska is approximately equal to Georgia Tech, and that is quite sad.

(i think if our runningbacks are as good as advertised and our wide receivers improved from last year and we dont turn the ball over 3 times we will hang around a while. ohio state does not play well week 1 at 11 am.....an neither do we)

This is the first year since the Bo Pelini era where I thought the OL passed the eye ball test. Holy hell, Farniok is 8" taller, at least 130 lbs on me and glorious long hair. Compare that to Nick Gates a few years ago where he was 6ish" taller than me, maybe 80 lbs heavier, and I had bigger arms and thighs. I would have challenged Gates in a 1-on-1. No OL on this years team would I make that same challenge.

This is the first year since the Bo Pelini era where I thought the OL passed the eye ball test. Holy hell, Farniok is 8" taller, at least 130 lbs on me and glorious long hair. Compare that to Nick Gates a few years ago where he was 6ish" taller than me, maybe 80 lbs heavier, and I had bigger arms and thighs. I would have challenged Gates in a 1-on-1. No OL on this years team would I make that same challenge.
Good hearing this.

Will we see basically the same blitz or slight variant of that blitz from chin if we force a third down?

now gates is in the nfl

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back