Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Scottie Sheffler detained (2 Viewers)

SoCal_Corn

Wide Receiver
ESPN saying that a worker was killed this AM in the dark when he got hit by a bus.

I'd not hear that

That's why the police roadblock was there when Sheffler arrived as the investigation was ongoing

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
ESPN saying that a worker was killed this AM in the dark when he got hit by a bus.

I'd not hear that

That's why the police roadblock was there when Sheffler arrived as the investigation was ongoing
I heard vendor, but maybe they mean the same thing.

But yes, tensions were very high because of the situation. Even with that in mind, the more information that comes out, the cleaner Scottie looks and the more embarrassing it looks for LPD...

Jay Bilzerian

Safety
Elite Member

I'd not hear that

The first half of Rap’s tweet up until the comma made it sound like Scottie died - at least that’s how my hungover, half awake brain took it.

SoCal_Corn

Wide Receiver
I heard vendor, but maybe they mean the same thing.

But yes, tensions were very high because of the situation. Even with that in mind, the more information that comes out, the cleaner Scottie looks and the more embarrassing it looks for LPD...

may have said vendor...i was half listning.

Delayed the start of the round by an Hour +

And yeah. none of it looks good for either, but they should have made provisions for the players to get in on time.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
may have said vendor...i was half listning.

Delayed the start of the round by an Hour +

And yeah. none of it looks good for either, but they should have made provisions for the players to get in on time.
This could be all lawyer talk, but I'm not sure Scheffler actually did anything wrong. Sounds like he was directed by other law enforcement to where he was going and the officer that he ignored was not clearly identifiable as a law enforcement officer because of the rain. #FreeScottie!

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
This could be all lawyer talk, but I'm not sure Scheffler actually did anything wrong. Sounds like he was directed by other law enforcement to where he was going and the officer that he ignored was not clearly identifiable as a law enforcement officer because of the rain. #FreeScottie!
Cops have never doubled down on a misunderstanding so I'm sure this will all be cleared up by the time he gets to the club house

Last edited:

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Cops have never doubled down on a misunderstanding so I'm sure this will all be cleared up by the time he gets to the club house
My brother is a cop and I have other family in law enforcement, so I definitely back blue. They have a job unlike any other and the shit they have to deal with I simply just couldn't handle. That being said, just like every other job - there are good ones and there are bad ones. Unfortunately the stakes are much hirer for the bad ones in their profession. This definitely seems like a time where they fucked up. But no one was hurt or anything - they need to just own their mistake and have a good PR presser with Scheffler abut the situation and how they are going to improve from this.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
My brother is a cop and I have other family in law enforcement, so I definitely back blue. They have a job unlike any other and the shit they have to deal with I simply just couldn't handle. That being said, just like every other job - there are good ones and there are bad ones. Unfortunately the stakes are much hirer for the bad ones in their profession. This definitely seems like a time where they fucked up. But no one was hurt or anything - they need to just own their mistake and have a good PR presser with Scheffler abut the situation and how they are going to improve from this.
I do not disagree with anything you said.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds