Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Sam McKewon comments (1 Viewer)

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
A few of our recruits are following DeBoer on Twitter fwiw. I doubt they know anything but it's interesting
The Portland flight made me think of DeBoer. You could fly in there and drive 3 hours north to see DeBoer. It would be a little less obvious then flying right into Seattle.

I don't know how he sneaks out during a game week however. I guess coaches do it all the time? Although UW is playing Colorado so calling it a "game week" is subjective. šŸ˜‚

I don't think DeBoer is gettable at this point, but a guy can dream.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don't see why Whittingham would end a decades-long relationship with Utah if he only planned to be at NU 3-5 years.
I think it's beneath him, myself. It sullies legacy IMHO. It'd be like those images of Karl Malone with the Lakers, Favre w the Jets, etc. I can't see any motivation for Whittingham to do that. Doesn't seem like money would be a motivator for him at this point. And it's not like he'd be here to have a better chance at a NC. There's literally no reason for a 63 yr old legend-at-his-school to make this move to do a giant rebuild.

Would be great for us! LOL. Can think of no reason for KW to do it other than a few more million $$. But he's already filthy stinking rich. Maybe if he was dead set on coaching to 70, but I think he said he only has 4-5 yrs left in the tank.

Reactions: Irv

Toe

Wide Receiver
Whittingham? A Mormon who has been at Utah since before Tom Osborne's first national championship? Really, Sam?

Doc Rivers Basketball GIF

Last edited:

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Either would be great. Iā€™d take Rhule over both.
IDK.. I would put him on equal plane with either.
Whit may be the toughest SOB in the country, and his teams play like him, and #2ndChoice has a perennially good team that has developed fantastic talent

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I donā€™t, he coaches in the same league fraudst dismantled. Maybe that league is just terrible?
Dude has a solid team this year after being seriously legit last year. He lost crazy talent (for a P5 team, which they are not) in the draft, yet they are still good. He brought in and his staff developed one of the best first rounders of the past 5 years or so.

Huskerforlife

Head Coach
Elite Member
I wonder if DeBoer would take a meeting. The one difference between Mel/CU and DeBoer/UW is Washington is a WAY prouder football program. And way more supported, in both fans and booster $$$. I can easily see someone dumping Colorado after a year. Washington I just cannot see. That would be burning some major bridges on DeBoer's part. I just don't think he'd want to do that, even if he was pretty keen on the NU job.

I'd love the DeBoer idea I just am not sure he'd even give Turd a conversation. Washington program has a lot of pride and they like to act like they're a blue blood.
Dollar Dean mentioned in his TT that Deboer said that after Washington, the only job he would take is Nebraska. Do you feel that Turd might have more than one finalist for HC?

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Why exactly do we want Mickey to take over later?

I don't get this stance from people.

Oh, that's right. He use to play here.
I like Mickey a lot and my favorite scenario wouldā€™ve been for him to pull off a miracle run and earn the job. It didnā€™t happen. He has shown some attributes I would like to see from our new head coach, but the idea to have him as ā€œhead coach in waitingā€ is absolutely ridiculous.

This was his one shot to be head coach here. It didnā€™t happen! Thatā€™s ok! It was never even on anyones radar before September, I donā€™t get why people think heā€™s owed the job. Itā€™s so weird to see people treat him like a charity case. Mickey himself would think that was ridiculous! Haha

UNKā€™sker

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
I donā€™t, he coaches in the same league fraudst dismantled. Maybe that league is just terrible?
Fair enough I guess but at least heā€™s had the experience of being a HC in the B1G prior. Should know what heā€™s getting himself into. I guarantee he wouldnā€™t step into the NU job day one with the mentality that the league is going to have adapt to him.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds