Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Sam McKewon comments (1 Viewer)

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
If Rhule is a home run Fickel would be a bottom of the 9th grand slam. I’d be ok with Whittingham as well but would prefer Fickel and Rhule.
When Bo was fired I would have took Whittingham over both, but the age factor scares me a little bit with Whittingham. I just can’t see him leaving a place they will probably build a statue of him.

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
Whittingham is getting up there in age and you wonder how much longer he'll want to do this.

I would prefer someone who I think will be here a while.

Huskerscoop

Linebacker
Elite Member
Sam also talked about Deboer. Dirk shot it down bc he has been at Washington for a year. Didnt mention Mel Tucker left CO after his first year.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Sam also talked about Deboer. Dirk shot it down bc he has been at Washington for a year. Didnt mention Mel Tucker left CO after his first year.
I wonder if DeBoer would take a meeting. The one difference between Mel/CU and DeBoer/UW is Washington is a WAY prouder football program. And way more supported, in both fans and booster $$$. I can easily see someone dumping Colorado after a year. Washington I just cannot see. That would be burning some major bridges on DeBoer's part. I just don't think he'd want to do that, even if he was pretty keen on the NU job.

I'd love the DeBoer idea I just am not sure he'd even give Turd a conversation. Washington program has a lot of pride and they like to act like they're a blue blood.

Eloot224

Running Back
Elite Member
I find it very hard to believe that you pay a search firm. A very reputable search firm at that. You’ve had 67 days to do your due diligence, more than 67 days for Turd. Now with 9 days until the season ends and you are scrambling? I just do not buy it. The hang up with Carolina and Rhule contract I can buy.
But, what’s the point of hiring a reputable firm like CSA and you’re going to settle with a LL in your own backyard? Or a .500 service academy coach or not have your coaching hire wrapped up with 9 days left? It’s either contractual issues with Carolina or the hire is done or Turd Nebraska’d this thing and pissed down his leg, which I highly doubt.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Can we fat shame Rhule when he turns us down?
Hell Yeah Yes GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
I find it very hard to believe that you pay a search firm. A very reputable search firm at that. You’ve had 67 days to do your due diligence, more than 67 days for Turd. Now with 9 days until the season ends and you are scrambling? I just do not buy it. The hang up with Carolina and Rhule contract I can buy.
But, what’s the point of hiring a reputable firm like CSA and you’re going to settle with a LL in your own backyard? Or a .500 service academy coach or not have your coaching hire wrapped up with 9 days left? It’s either contractual issues with Carolina or the hire is done or Turd Nebraska’d this thing and pissed down his leg, which I highly doubt.
I guess, why are fans surprised when Nebraska screws up?

It's a theme. Not the outlier.

UNK’sker

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
Fickel was the coach the only time we have beaten osu since we have been in the big 10… hard pass
What some 10 years ago? Lol so you don’t think the guy has improved and developed as a HC since his first opportunity which was on an interim basis a decade ago.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
In one of the extensive Rhule threads there is discussion about Sam mentioning “he doesn’t think it will be Rhule.” He also apparently said this:

The most likely scenario is still that no one knows anything, but thoughts on this? Felt like we could use a Rhule/Monkey Tits/Leipold/Campbell palette cleanser.

If you listen to the podcast....he comes off as butt hurt about the Rhule deal.

Also Sam through those two out in a "if they haven't made an announcement by after championship weekend these are my guess...."

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
A few of our recruits are following DeBoer on Twitter fwiw. I doubt they know anything but it's interesting

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds