Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Sad member news (RIP BBTownBomber/Elizabeth Reed) (3 Viewers)

Fitzjess21

Cornerback
Elite Member
Dang, sorry we missed you. Yeah it was, very sad service. Denny was clearly very loved
Yes very much so. Hugging Maryann at the cemetery and her telling me how much he liked me really hit me hard. My Dad is 66 this year and I think that's why this one was so hard. He had a near death accident 7 years ago and I'm grateful he's still alive, he shouldn't have survived. Seeing the kids get up and talk was surreal for me.

Did you guys go to the lunch after? I provided the bbq sauce.

I'm tired of going to funerals. I just buried my 36 year old cousin and now this. All in a month time.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yes very much so. Hugging Maryann at the cemetery and her telling me how much he liked me really hit me hard. My Dad is 66 this year and I think that's why this one was so hard. He had a near death accident 7 years ago and I'm grateful he's still alive, he shouldn't have survived. Seeing the kids get up and talk was surreal for me.

I'm tired of going to funerals. I just buried my 36 year old cousin and now this. All in a month time.

Regarding your last statement about funerals, it seems to be a bit of an unfortunate trend for more and more people.

I've had one close family member pass, a former boss, Denny, wife of a co-worker, dad of a co-worker, two family members just diagnosed with cancer. I speculate that the pandemic had something to do with overall health of society.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
@RedSeaRising and I are at the service. Let us know if anyone else is here so we can say hi
I was there. Saw you guys but didn't get a chance to talk. Damn, that was rough....
On behalf of the entire Platinum Board, thanks for being there, gentlemen. Truly wish I could have been there in person to say my goodbyes to Bomber / Lizzie / Denny, but knowing you guys were there to let the family know that his "online family" is, in fact, comprised of real people who form real friendships with each other and hurt when one of us falls. RIP, amigo.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

We didn’t make it to the lunch after. We grabbed lunch and hit the road, now I’m stuck in some storm traffic North of Denver.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
On behalf of the entire Platinum Board, thanks for being there, gentlemen. Truly wish I could have been there in person to say my goodbyes to Bomber / Lizzie / Denny, but knowing you guys were there to let the family know that his "online family" is, in fact, comprised of real people who form real friendships with each other and hurt when one of us falls. RIP, amigo.
His son brought up how much his “Husker message board friends” meant to him.

Fitzjess21

Cornerback
Elite Member
His son brought up how much his “Husker message board friends” meant to him.
I dropped off bbq at his house yesterday and Aaron spoke about how Denny always talked about the message boards and the people on it. I mentioned I was always joking with him about getting murdered over his random internet people meetings.

RedSeaRising

Commissioner
Elite Member
tPB OG
Man, I'm gonna miss him. RIP

1687486666819.jpeg

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
I had never heard the song but “In Memory of Elizabeth Reed” just came up on my Spotify playlist of the day. Can’t believe it’s been just about a year.

Denny donated many of his albums to me. I sort of feel like I didn't deserve them. But I stayed patient and raised my hand I suppose.

Mostly 60's, 70's..some 80's. A few saw the frat houses and wrestling rooms at the University of Nebraska he says.

There's a tick or two on these wobbly things. RIP Denny...I will be forever grateful for the 2 times we met. Your records get used and cared for. 20240607_204138.jpg😎

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds