Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Saban and NIL (2 Viewers)

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
I didn't think coaches were supposed to be involved in NIL discussions. 🤔
Who knows, but maybe the kids are coming up to him and demanding that kind of money vice talking to the NIL people or Saban tell his NIL people who deserves $$$ or who doesn't, similar to what Scotty did with ABM. I did read a story about the 5 star OL who flipped from Cockeye to Alabama last month say he was actually offered less NIL at Bama vice Cockeye, but felt that Bama was better for developing OL than Cockeye.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Good for Saban. Sucks for that guy’s girlfriend; gotta do it the old fashioned way of getting into law school.
Kamala Harris Debate GIF by Election 2020

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Who knows, but maybe the kids are coming up to him and demanding that kind of money vice talking to the NIL people or Saban tell his NIL people who deserves $$$ or who doesn't, similar to what Scotty did with ABM. I did read a story about the 5 star OL who flipped from Cockeye to Alabama last month say he was actually offered less NIL at Bama vice Cockeye, but felt that Bama was better for developing OL than Cockeye.
I mean you know that's going on at every school. Coaches telling the NIL companies who they want. Whether they listen or not is still going to be up to the NIL company.

People thought boosters had power before NIL....

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I mean you know that's going on at every school. Coaches telling the NIL companies who they want. Whether they listen or not is still going to be up to the NIL company.

People thought boosters had power before NIL....
I’m pretty sure they are listening to Nick. I saw Bama is even building their own NIL center with Learfield. I’m sure Saban thinks NIL is a pain in the ass but he is adapting well.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds