Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Rhule's Spring Press Conference (1 Viewer)

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
People are naive if they don’t think rhule will leave if we hire a dipshit as our next ad.
This isn't necessarily wrong either. Two things can be true at once, so decision makers need to be listening.

He's telegraphing literally everything for them FFS. Will they be smart enough to listen??

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
He's telegraphing literally everything for them FFS. Will they be smart enough to listen??
If history is any indicator…

295ebef1-cfe8-4eda-8c5f-f658d8783190_text.gif

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Jesus guys at some point we have to take him at his word.
I don't think we can blame anyone for being skeptical after Turd's departure.

But yes, we must have faith in MattyIce aka Dr. Rhulaid

I'm sure I'd turn into a knee-jerk hater if we end up a perpetual 8-4 team under HCMR but right now I don't ever want the guy to leave. He says all the right things, the culture he espouses is immaculate, his involvement in the community/state is unprecedented, and his work ethic appears to be the best we've seen this century.

Knowing all that I'd be shocked if he doesn't exceed expectations. I guess if anything, I have to say thanks to Benedict McFuckstick for making the right hire.

JankTheTank

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Jesus guys at some point we have to take him at his word.

While I agree with this, I think the fanbase's trust issues are warranted, especially when just last week, a heralded alum AD spoke of his love for Nebraska until he suddenly bailed. Words can be tough to embrace right now.

I try to prescribe to the philosophy to not always be waiting for the other shoe to drop. Waiting for it just forces you to feel the pain and discomfort of a theoretical event that may not even happen. Ideally, you have a mindset to not dwell on this in order to lead a happier and productive life. I've found it helpful in my own life.

But in Nebraska's case, it seems that, in an almost scripted way, that other fucking shoe ALWAYS drops. And not only does it almost always land, it lands at just the point you start to feel like maybe it won't. The timing always feels sinister. I honestly despise the Simulation joke. I think it's overused and has gone stale. But then stuff happens and it makes me wonder if there's some truth to it. Frost's 3-9 season where he ALMOST beat every team almost feels like a microcosm of the whole organization at times.

All that said, Rhule seems to put himself out there more than a lot of people, and I'm choosing to take him at his word because of how he's presented himself, and I really don't want to dwell on, and feel stress over theoreticals that may not come to pass. Urban Meyer seems more calculating. A jump for him from one thing to another wouldn't surprise me. It wouldn't redefine him. For Rhule to make a jump any time soon, barring some drastic action, would redefine his character for me. For someone preaching motivation, loyalty, and development, bailing anytime soon would nudge him a bit towards the charlatan territory.

But it's worth following the AD search, since that would qualify as a justifiable drastic action if that gets royally botched.

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds