Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Rhule: "We own 5-4 but we had one game where the team scouted us." (1 Viewer)

stonesak

Wave goodbye now, it's time for you to go
I don't think so. We lost to Michigan, regardless if they cheated. They should technically have their season(s) forfeited, but that doesn't automatically generate a win for us.

With that said, that won't happen until next year when NCAA finishes and presents their investigation findings.
A forfeit would be considered a win for us. If Michigan's wins are just vacated, then we would still have the loss. Anyway, hopefully we win one of the next three, and it's a moo point.

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
Major loser talk from HCMR. Might be okay about bringing up the officiating from last game but he sounds like Frost making excuses for losses in September
I had a little of this sentiment, too. But I haven’t heard him do this before. I wonder if he’s doing it because the team is doing it and he wants to let them know he’s got their backs beyond the bullshit. Hopefully it’s a one and done.

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
This is Rhule reading the pulse of his lockerroom and showing his guys he’ll fight for them in public.

He knows how Twitter will respond to the scouting comment. He knows he risks a fine for criticizing officiating. He’s willing to put it on his shoulders if it makes the guys feel like he’s got their back. I’m sure there was a lot of bitching and moaning in the lockerroom saturday and it probably crept into Sunday and maybe even today. I’m betting he felt like he needed to say something.

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
This is Rhule reading the pulse of his lockerroom and showing his guys he’ll fight for them in public.

He knows how Twitter will respond to the scouting comment. He knows he risks a fine for criticizing officiating. He’s willing to put it on his shoulders if it makes the guys feel like he’s got their back. I’m sure there was a lot of bitching and moaning in the lockerroom saturday and it probably crept into Sunday and maybe even today. I’m betting he felt like he needed to say something.
It’s basically the manager kicking dirt on the umpire. Purdue was another badly officiated game & they gave zero fucks about the OL holds until we were up 21. It’s easier to fight thru the bs when ya know ur coach is gonna fight with u

CybrrMonky71

FukUJarvisRedwine
Elite Member
watching the presser he said the scouting thing in passing when referencing the shitty official reviews that fukd us & once again all he got was an “oops sorry, blown review/they should know better” from the league office
He was frustrated knowing we should have 2 more wins & are in the drivers seat for the West. Surprisingly one of the local reporters came back to it & pressed him on “so ur saying u were scouted, can you comment more on That”
Rhule tried to be guarded but it was obvious he was frustrated not only by our poor play but also how the league is slow to act on rules which seem to get made up on the fly
He was pissed how he got fukd by 2 calls which were reviewed but not overturned bc one officiating crew in the league doesn’t overturn any close plays even tho there are directives on what to look for in those reviews.
He never made excuses but it was obvious he was pissed & wanted it out there.
When we get that crew Agsin & IF they overturn a close review against us, Rhule may go full Pelini.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
A forfeit would be considered a win for us. If Michigan's wins are just vacated, then we would still have the loss. Anyway, hopefully we win one of the next three, and it's a moo point.
We're going to win out.

Cow Appreciation Day GIF

Huskersballz

Running Back
Elite Member
The funny thing is, the MSU crowd was on them the whole game about how bad they were screwing MSU. I fortunately sat next to a rational MSU fan. Good dude.

Also got multiple separate references to the 1995 game from MSU fans and how bad we stomped them. The father of the kid next to me said he'd been a season ticket holder since the 70s and had never seen a better opposing team.
The only bad one that went against MSU was the late hit on Haarberg. The rest were fair as I recall. The MSU TD and missed PI on Coleman were egregious though.

I will say I think replay made the right call on the TD in the Minnesota game as well.

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member

He handled this just fine. Advocating for his players.

Rhule is smart enough to know that he can bitch about those two calls because they were unequivocally incorrect and game-deciding calls.

So in his mind, what the hell is the B1G gonna do? “Fine” him and bring more attention to their shitty officiating?

Hell, if I’m Rhule, I’d double down and bring up a guy getting tackled when the ball was in the air and also letting 10 seconds run off the clock when we are trying to get in field goal range with 11 seconds left.

All calls egregiously wrong. All calls potentially game deciding. Sitting back and telling his players “oh sorry guys sometimes you get unlucky” is a great way to send the message that you are weak and don’t have their back.

And as far as the “Michigan scouted us” goes, he’s presented in the context that Ryan Walters backed his guys up for it so if Rhules guys wanna know if he has their back, he’s gonna let them know he has their back.

Nothing wrong here. Just calling out some terrible mistakes by an incompetent organization.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I think the larger quote is less cringe. He basically goes, 'Yeah we are a shitty 5-4 but we also had 3 games where we got fucked in the ass - 1 bc the opposing team stole our signs in a illegal way and 2 bc the refs fucked up a crucial TD call"

So I can give him a little slack in that the entire quote isn't as bad. On_3 cut it up to just include the Michigan reference.

But Rhule has to stop mentioning that Michigan game. It's super cringe. We would have lost to them by 5 TDs anyway.

***Also, imagine if we backdoor our way to the B1G Championship game...I'm sure the Michigan players would love to get a 2nd chance to put 70 on us **
What’s also super cringe is when adults say things like “cringe” and “super cringe”.

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
That’s really the first time Rhule went off the rails in a way I’m sure he regrets a bit in a press conference. He’s not wrong but he’s been so good about keeping the high road and staying out of the mucky bullshit to this point

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
The only bad one that went against MSU was the late hit on Haarberg. The rest were fair as I recall. The MSU TD and missed PI on Coleman were egregious though.

I will say I think replay made the right call on the TD in the Minnesota game as well.
I guess, I would ask why you think replay got it right? Every single replay I've ever seen in college football of plays like that one would have been a touchdown. I've seen that replay a hundred times and it's a touchdown every single time I see it.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds