Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Rhule: "We own 5-4 but we had one game where the team scouted us." (1 Viewer)

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think the larger quote is less cringe. He basically goes, 'Yeah we are a shitty 5-4 but we also had 3 games where we got fucked in the ass - 1 bc the opposing team stole our signs in a illegal way and 2 bc the refs fucked up a crucial TD call"

So I can give him a little slack in that the entire quote isn't as bad. On_3 cut it up to just include the Michigan reference.

But Rhule has to stop mentioning that Michigan game. It's super cringe. We would have lost to them by 5 TDs anyway.

***Also, imagine if we backdoor our way to the B1G Championship game...I'm sure the Michigan players would love to get a 2nd chance to put 70 on us **

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I think this is just a sign of the coaches getting frustrated and agitating more publicly for punishment.

He's been quiet publicly and played the role he was supposed to play, as most have, but the Big Ten still sits on its hands. That inaction, coupled with some brutal refereeing, has him wondering when somebody with some power is going to fix some of the broken shit in this conference.

All kinds of rumors that something was going to happen to Harbaugh today. I imagine many coaches in this conference are getting tired of waiting.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I think this is just a sign of the coaches getting frustrated and agitating more publicly for punishment.

He's been quiet publicly and played the role he was supposed to play, as most have, but the Big Ten still sits on its hands. That inaction, coupled with some brutal refereeing, has him wondering when somebody with some power is going to fix some of the broken shit in this conference.

All kinds of rumors that something was going to happen to Harbaugh today. I imagine many coaches in this conference are getting tired of waiting.

I have zero issue with anyone taking a shot at Big Ten refs as they are all terrible.

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Rhule most definitely defends his players...even to the point of incredulity.

My eyebrows were definitely raised when I heard it in the presser. He hit the officiating pretty good too, which I will be interested to see if there is any public response or reprimand from the BIG. I think it's just his way of getting a bit of a dig in, but moreso, defending his team.

He also stated when asked if the BIG had talked to him about the officiating that "everyone" agreed it was an incomplete pass on the MSU TD catch call but that we essentially have to move forward.

Last edited:

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I have zero issue with anyone taking a shot at Big Ten refs as they are all terrible.
The funny thing is, the MSU crowd was on them the whole game about how bad they were screwing MSU. I fortunately sat next to a rational MSU fan. Good dude.

Also got multiple separate references to the 1995 game from MSU fans and how bad we stomped them. The father of the kid next to me said he'd been a season ticket holder since the 70s and had never seen a better opposing team.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Your honor…my client was merely alluding to the fact it might not have been as big of a blowout had our signs not be stolen.

That’s it, totally innocent!
IMG-7174.jpg

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Posted in another thread, but schools and conferences that have teams that finish 5-7 and played Michigan should petition for bowl eligibility for those teams.
I don't think so. We lost to Michigan, regardless if they cheated. They should technically have their season(s) forfeited, but that doesn't automatically generate a win for us.

With that said, that won't happen until next year when NCAA finishes and presents their investigation findings.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds