Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Rhule Signing Day Press Conference (1 Viewer)

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I honestly think Rhule will do a good job and I believe he is genuine and wants to be here, but I’ve got to see it before I’m going to pump out my chest. Hell I think we will go bowling next year. I don’t expect a shitty first year like Rhule has had at his previous stops because Mickey and Busch would have got us to a bowl this year if they started the season as the head coach and DC.
No chest thumping from me. No predictions other than we will be better coached. Way too many things that need to happen and will happen between now and next season much less beyond. All I'm saying is I feel good about where this is going. Of course it could be an inaccurate feeling. But I'm not going to apologize for thinking what I think which is Rhule was quite possibly the best hire Turd could have made including Urban. Is there a 20% piece of my brain waiting for failure? Sure is. I just don't give it much thought or attention right now.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
No chest thumping from me. No predictions other than we will be better coached. Way too many things that need to happen and will happen between now and next season much less beyond. All I'm saying is I feel good about where this is going. Of course it could be an inaccurate feeling. But I'm not going to apologize for thinking what I think which is Rhule was quite possibly the best hire Turd could have made including Urban. Is there a 20% piece of my brain waiting for failure? Sure is. I just don't give it much thought or attention right now.
I hope we can get a little lucky next year and get to a bowl. Hopefully that locks up Raiola and a big recruiting class. We need momentum on the field bad. We haven’t had it in so long.

11husker23

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Love this

Shots Fired Reaction GIF by Sony Music India

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
I like his perspective on showing off Lincoln and the negative recruiting that other teams try to sometimes use.

I'm sold on him. His charisma, everything. The absolute antithesis of what Frost was.

This. I swear some people haven't traveled all that much, and make the decision to go negative on their home state/town.

Last edited:

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Idk if he will end up being the best coach - but you’ll have a hard time convincing me he isn’t the BEST FIT for our program and where we are right now. That’s a great hire.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Wonder how stiff @slattimer got when Rhule said that he made Satterfield be Asst OL coach when he was OC for him before so he understood how to call a game from a perspective other than the QB - stressed the importance of understanding what you’re expecting from the line when calling a game.

I’d guess Slat would be something like…

fireworks GIF

11husker23

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Wonder how stiff @slattimer got when Rhule said that he made Satterfield be Asst OL coach when he was OC for him before so he understood how to call a game from a perspective other than the QB - stressed the importance of understanding what you’re expecting from the line when calling a game.

fireworks GIF
Live look in…
anchorman will GIF

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG

fireworks GIF
We need a fully torqued reaction

41c0a61d-56be-431c-aba9-1febe8c0d635_text.gif

But Rhule is 100% right on this. I feel if you're going to be an effective OC, you better know OL play and what your OL can do.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Rhule's story about Princewill - Saying "I'd already eaten his mom's food when I was recruiting PrinceLEE"

So cool the legitimate roots he has in Texas. That was a "wow" moment for me. He's respected, remembered, and welcomed in Texas. Fuck yeah.

This is the thing….

Those coaches down there have seen hundreds if not thousands of college coaches come through their state. For some reason or another Matt Rhule is the guy they remember.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds