Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Rhule Post Season Press Conference (1 Viewer)

RedDeanRedemption

Defensive Lineman
I didn't read that as Rhule being opposed, just him setting an expectation & preparing the donors.
I don’t know, why would donors not want to pay for a QB after watching the position over the last decade? I think Rhule might not value the position properly, we settled on Sims and willfully began the season with him assuming he’d be successful.

Steveweiser316

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I didn't read that as Rhule being opposed, just him setting an expectation & preparing the donors.
Same. I wonder if his comment the other day (About telling Tony to only go to a few program that has the right resources was the same thing) was intentional. He said something to the effect of, “You can’t expect a 10 win program and only be willing to spend 8 out of 12 teams.”

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don’t know, why would donors not want to pay for a QB after watching the position over the last decade? I think Rhule might not value the position properly, we settled on Sims and willfully began the season with him assuming he’d be successful.
I think it’s more recent with Sims. I’m sure Rhule can probably find some donors to pony up, but I’m sure there are some boosters thinking the return on investment on Sims was horrible so it will make them be more cautious throwing money around. The same thing is probably happening at other programs honestly because there weren’t a ton of portal qbs who tore it up last year. The miss rate is definitely higher than the hit rate.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Wish someone would have asked him. If player meetings are still happening today & tomorrow, I could see waiting till those are done before blasting it out publicly.
The best we can hope for is that Rhule brings in a qb coach who helps coordinate the offense and move Satterfield to tight ends coach.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Wish someone would have asked him. If player meetings are still happening today & tomorrow, I could see waiting till those are done before blasting it out publicly.
He did get asked.. He said he was talking to coaches tomorrow and wasn't ready today to discuss whether or not there'd be any re-shuffling.

Napkins

Safety
Elite Member
I think it’s more recent with Sims. I’m sure Rhule can probably find some donors to pony up, but I’m sure there are some boosters thinking the return on investment on Sims was horrible so it will make them be more cautious throwing money around. The same thing is probably happening at other programs honestly because there weren’t a ton of portal qbs who tore it up last year. The miss rate is definitely higher than the hit rate.
This isn’t directed at you but teams are either paying to get a P2 quality qb or they are paying to keep them. At the end of the day if we want to be competitive in modern college football the money has to be spent.

The risk involved with missing on a player to me justifies the need to spend more money. Easy for me to say as I spend someone else’s money but you either you spend more on one qb to buy down the risk by getting a better transfer player or you spend more on multiple guys to buy down the risk with more QBs (obviously this isn’t happening).

panther07

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
So no comments about the staff and any potential changes???
***On potential staff responsibility shakeups, Rhule didn't want to go there yet. However, he admitted that he wanted to hire a full-time QB coach with Marcus Satterfield as OC, "but it didn't work out."

Rhule said analysts could play a big part in that, especially if the rules change and they can do more on-field coaching.

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
Why do we need to pay $1-2 million for a QB? We don't need to forward pass, all we need is someone to hand the ball to a running back. Get me on the horn with Corch, I'll do it for $250k.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds