Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Rhule deserves to get torn apart for his clock management (5 Viewers)

iruletheskool

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
The amount of times purdy looked down field for an extended amount of time and checked it down at the last second was disgusting. Get the ball to your “playmakers” as soon as possible and see if they can make a man miss. Don’t throw it to them as they’re running out of bounds.

Also, there was a 2nd down where he threw a 5 yard completion to fidone when Cockeye was running cover 2 and Lloyd was streaking down the field for a TD if he throws a 2 ball whole shot to him. Guys our open. I’m not making an excuse for satt but our QB play is so bad it makes everything look worse

QB, TE, and Guard play make it hard to look good

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
The amount of times purdy looked down field for an extended amount of time and checked it down at the last second was disgusting. Get the ball to your “playmakers” as soon as possible and see if they can make a man miss. Don’t throw it to them as they’re running out of bounds.

Also, there was a 2nd down where he threw a 5 yard completion to fidone when Cockeye was running cover 2 and Lloyd was streaking down the field for a TD if he throws a 2 ball whole shot to him. Guys our open. I’m not making an excuse for satt but our QB play is so bad it makes everything look worse
I guess it’s simple then. Rhule and Satterfield better find a competent qb for next year or it won’t be pretty going forward.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
We’ll be fine. Rhule has stuff to improve on and the whole team does and I believe they’ll improve.
As Aaron Rodgers would say, we all probably need to “R-E-L-A-X”
Beliefs are not results. We’re not paying him because we believe in him, but to get results. Even if the results show improvement but still a loss, it’s still results! This team has been downhill all season.

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
There’s that word again. Hope.

You know what they say. You can shit in one hand and hope in the other and see which one fills up quicker.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Beliefs are not results. We’re not paying him because we believe in him, but to get results. Even if the results show improvement but still a loss, it’s still results! This team has been downhill all season.
If we played in the pac 12 or sec we would have been lucky to get to 3 wins. It’s more depressing since our schedule was this bad. Cockeye is a 10 win team. Think about that.

gtlacey

Defensive Lineman
Totally agree on results! But Rhule has shown at Temple and Baylor not to judge on the first year. Those results also count for something, right?

The team hasn’t been downhill all season. They improved the first 8 games and finished less than desirable. I’d say we improved from the Minnesota game, all things considered.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
tbh, I don't know how anyone has any hope at this point. There's no indication that the real problems will be addressed (properly) in the offseason.
Either way Rhule will get 3-4 years. Hopefully he kills it in the portal at qb and some other need spots.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Totally agree on results! But Rhule has shown at Temple and Baylor not to judge on the first year. Those results also count for something, right?

The team hasn’t been downhill all season. They improved the first 8 games and finished less than desirable. I’d say we improved from the Minnesota game, all things considered.
False. He should be seasoned as an HC of three programs that he needs to hire competent coordinators.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Why do you say that? Rhule hasn’t even had one off season (post-season) to address changes.
He's got one now and it is pretty apparent that he's not going to address one of the biggest problem areas (OC/QB coach). If he does make significant changes there I'll have some hope, but I don't think anybody expects that to happen.

gtlacey

Defensive Lineman
Yes they have. They just beat on the teams more mentally challenged. Look at the teams they beat.
Do you think we are worse than last year? I think we’re about the same, maybe a tad better. Totally agree that we only beat bad teams, but last year we lost to bad teams. It’s about a wash honestly. Probably a tad improved about the last 365 days, and the upside is that we played quite a few young guys while being about the same.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
steve carrell anchorman GIF by FirstAndMonday

Get on with year two. Enough of all the crying and whining. Step up and get on with it.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Whose fault is it the receivers are open? A LOT
I get our talent sucks on offense to a degree, but if we are being honest it’s still the coaches job to maximize the talent they have. @slattimer who is much more smarter than me has pointed out it isn’t happening. On the game management there is no excuse for Rhule because he has been the head man for a long time now. Atleast you could have made an argument with Frost from a lack of experience aspect. Maybe this is the place where coaches go to die.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds