Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Rhule’s “QB costs 2 million comment” (3 Viewers)

CybrrMonky71

FukUJarvisRedwine
Elite Member
He also said he was a believer that “the highest paid player on your team shouldn’t be a free agent”
I think he’s telling us we will pay guys the most that are here already & performing over a HS recruit or transfer
So don’t expect a high profile transfer

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Retard Boomer Nebraska reporters:

"1-2 millio...???"

James Earl Jones Reaction GIF

jaihawk

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Rhule isn't stupid. His comments were more than likely for 2 reasons:

1. Explain to an increasingly retarded fan base that it costs a lot of money to go out and get a good QB from the portal, since most of them think that since we're "Nebraska" that people should be lining up to come play here.
2. Throw down the gauntlet to the money men to say, "If you want to see a good QB here from the portal, you're going to have to pony up some cash, rather than the Walmart gift cards you're giving to the 1890 Initiative".

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG

1. Explain to an increasingly retarded fan base that it costs a lot of money to go out and get a good QB from the portal, since most of them think that since we're "Nebraska" that people should be lining up to come play here.
2. Throw down the gauntlet to the money men to say, "If you want to see a good QB here from the portal, you're going to have to pony up some cash, rather than the Walmart gift cards you're giving to the 1890 Initiative".
Truly incredible the amount of surprise I heard from the media regarding the figures Rhule mentioned. Totally clueless.

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
i guess when i heard him say 1-2 million for a good quarterback i shrugged and thought yeah thats probably average too.

we want to act like we are on the leading edge of things but we are wayyyyyy too out of touch to actually be progressive on the recruiting and NIL page.

maybe im wrong. id love to be

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member

A few are ready to pony up the money, hoefully Rhule accepts it. If you listen to the full press conference he goes on to say 5 seconds later “the highest paid guy on the team shouldn’t be a guy coming in from the portal”

Sounded to me like he’s already making excuses as to why we won’t go after/get a good portal QB. Can he use some of his gazillion dollars of Panther buyout money to get a QB?? How bout Turd’s 1 mill salary increase?? How about some of the 800 million we have done in facilities/stadium upgrades the last 3 years.?

The fans aren’t the taters here, boomer

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
i guess when i heard him say 1-2 million for a good quarterback i shrugged and thought yeah thats probably average too.

we want to act like we are on the leading edge of things but we are wayyyyyy too out of touch to actually be progressive on the recruiting and NIL page.

maybe im wrong. id love to be
Yeah I have thought since the beginning of NIL that we weren't going to be in as good of a situation as people thought. For better or worse, the whole enterprise just goes against the way a ton of Nebraskans see themselves and the world.

The mythical "Nebraska Way" was more than just a walk-on strategy, it was a whole midwestern philosophy that people related to, which is that if you're humble and get good grades and work hard enough you can be just as great as the slick snake oil salesmen of the world.

It doesn't really matter that NU football was never actually as pure and cheesy as all of that, it was still an ideal that gave the program a positive identity and made fans feel good. Expecting those same fans to turn on a dime and embrace the all out commercialization of the sport with lawless free agency and flashy bidding wars, it's just a hard switch to flip.

Steveweiser316

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Anybody else take this as a public cry for more people to donate and for our collective to
be ready to pony up real money for an actual QB or am i misreading what he said in his presser.
I do. I said as much in the presser thread yesterday

Herbie

Quarterback
You’d think Rhule would donate to the collective — unless he’s just cool getting 7 years and umpteen million then being done coaching

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
Sounds like tPB needs to setup a go fund me for a new portal QB.

If 1890 was smart, they would have some sort of agreement with a brewing company who is the exclusive vendor at home games and the proceeds would go to support NIL. Maybe I’m way off.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds