Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Recruiting thread - race to signing day (2 Viewers)

jaihawk

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Seems like a ton of commitments but very few announcements. I know one staff member tweeted that they wouldn't ruin it for the kids by leaking it, but you have to wonder when we'll start getting announcements.

klrgumby

Linebacker
Seems like a ton of commitments but very few announcements. I know one staff member tweeted that they wouldn't ruin it for the kids by leaking it, but you have to wonder when we'll start getting announcements.

I’m sure they all want their 5 minutes of fame.

For example my cousin committed two days ago to Western Carolina but isn’t “announcing it” until national signing day. I’m sure over the next 3 days we will have staggered commitments so they each get time to shine.

11husker23

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I’m sure they all want their 5 minutes of fame.

For example my cousin committed two days ago to Western Carolina but isn’t “announcing it” until national signing day. I’m sure over the next 3 days we will have staggered commitments so they each get time to shine.
For example the CB, Ethan Nation isn't committing officially until the Under Armor Game on January 3.

Huskerforlife

Head Coach
Elite Member

Speedster RB Kyron Jones is weighing his options with Nebraska​

Bryan Mongo 12/18/22
Kyron Jones officially visits Nebraska

North Carolina State running back commit Kyron Jones from Charlotte (N.C.) Christian took an official visit to Nebraska this weekend.

The Huskers see Jones in their backfield using his speed as a home run threat. Jones is a two-way player and has options to play defense from other schools.

This was Jones’s first chance to get to Nebraska. He left on Friday and said he liked getting out of the area he was from and checking out another part of the country.

“I left on Friday morning,” Jones said. “The visit was good. I enjoyed seeing everything. I have never been to Nebraska before. It was interesting to go somewhere new and got to see what the coaching staff was like.”

Nebraska is playing catch-up with Jones. It’s like cramming for an exam putting months of recruiting into weeks. The Huskers have succeeded, though, giving Jones a reasonable opinion of them as coaches and people.

“They feel like down to Earth people you can talk to about everything, and they love football and want to bring the program back. They seem like good people.”

The Huskers see Jones playing running back. Position is a topic that Jones says he is thinking about as signing day approaches.

“Nebraska is recruiting me to play running back,” Jones said. “NC State likes me as a running back too. I played both ways last few years of high school. It’s something that I have to think about, but obviously I am open to it since I am committed to NC State.”

Nebraska sees Jones as a home run threat. They have been pitching to other offensive recruits that they plan to put the ball into the hands of their playmakers. Jones certainly fits that bill.

“They mainly just told me about my home run ability and my ability to make all sorts of plays for them in their offense.”

Jones says that the facilities definitely stood out to him about the trip, but he returned quickly to just visiting Nebraska and having not been there before.

“The facilities were really nice,” Jones said. “But, seeing how Nebraska was since it was my first time there was very cool.

“I liked Lincoln. It’s basically like a college town. It’s a nice town and it’s right there by the campus.”

The plan for Jones right now is still to sign this week. He still considers himself an NC State commit but is thinking things over to make the best possible decision.

“I plan on signing this week still,” Jones said. “Right now, I am still committed to NC State. I took these trips though so I could weigh my options and I am going to continue to weigh my options.”

Last edited:

DennyCrane

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
I always tend to give more weight to what a kid from the south says after he visits Lincoln for the first time outside of gameday and in the middle of the cold winter weather. In the fall there are few places more beautiful than Lincoln on a gameday weekend. This time of year the kids are getting exposure to the weather that everyone uses to recruit against Nebraska. If they come away from the visit with positive vibes despite the weather, then I typically have a good feeling about their commitment. In some respects, these late season visits are "moments of truth" in the context of how bad does a kid want to be at Nebraska which is why I like these visit periods.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider

Speedster RB Kyron Jones is weighing his options with Nebraska​

Bryan Mongo 12/18/22

North Carolina State running back commit Kyron Jones from Charlotte (N.C.) Christian took an official visit to Nebraska this weekend.

The Huskers see Jones in their backfield using his speed as a home run threat. Jones is a two-way player and has options to play defense from other schools.

This was Jones’s first chance to get to Nebraska. He left on Friday and said he liked getting out of the area he was from and checking out another part of the country.

“I left on Friday morning,” Jones said. “The visit was good. I enjoyed seeing everything. I have never been to Nebraska before. It was interesting to go somewhere new and got to see what the coaching staff was like.”

Nebraska is playing catch-up with Jones. It’s like cramming for an exam putting months of recruiting into weeks. The Huskers have succeeded, though, giving Jones a reasonable opinion of them as coaches and people.

“They feel like down to Earth people you can talk to about everything, and they love football and want to bring the program back. They seem like good people.”

The Huskers see Jones playing running back. Position is a topic that Jones says he is thinking about as signing day approaches.

“Nebraska is recruiting me to play running back,” Jones said. “NC State likes me as a running back too. I played both ways last few years of high school. It’s something that I have to think about, but obviously I am open to it since I am committed to NC State.”

Nebraska sees Jones as a home run threat. They have been pitching to other offensive recruits that they plan to put the ball into the hands of their playmakers. Jones certainly fits that bill.

“They mainly just told me about my home run ability and my ability to make all sorts of plays for them in their offense.”

Jones says that the facilities definitely stood out to him about the trip, but he returned quickly to just visiting Nebraska and having not been there before.

“The facilities were really nice,” Jones said. “But, seeing how Nebraska was since it was my first time there was very cool.

“I liked Lincoln. It’s basically like a college town. It’s a nice town and it’s right there by the campus.”

The plan for Jones right now is still to sign this week. He still considers himself an NC State commit but is thinking things over to make the best possible decision.

“I plan on signing this week still,” Jones said. “Right now, I am still committed to NC State. I took these trips though so I could weigh my options and I am going to continue to weigh my options.”
The Fong put in a CB in for Georgia this morning.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds