Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Recruiting thread 2024

6'5" 248# TE from Katy, TX offered by Rhule.

2022 season highlights:

2024 TE Ian Flynt can see himself playing in Memorial Stadium at Nebraska

Bryan Mongo•about 20 hours

Nebraska hosts 2024 TE Ian Flynt

Friday was the first day of the contact period, but Nebraska was getting set to host a critical 2024 visitor. Ian Flynt, a tight end from Katy (Texas) Taylor, made the trip north to check out Nebraska. He picked up the offer from Nebraska weeks ago and was in Lincoln today to meet coach Matt Rhule and most of his staff.

“I got to meet just about all of the coaches,” Flynt said. “There wasn’t a chance to meet coach Cooper, I really wanted to meet him. I met coach Rhule, coach Wager, coach Omar, the defensive line coach, coach Satterfield, and some others.”

Meeting coach Rhule​

Rhule was the coach that Flynt was told he needed to meet for the Nebraska offer to become committable. Flynt was told that the offer was committable and the Huskers wanted him in their program. He also met with the offensive coordinator and tight end coach.

“Coach Rhule was great. He told me that he wants me in his program. Nebraska wants me as a player and as a person in their program. He told me he doesn’t want to be anywhere else. He wants to make Nebraska what it was previously.

“I wasn’t able to talk to coach Satterfield too much but I did get to shake his hand. I spent the majority of my time with coach Wager. He made it clear that his tight ends were going to be good at blocking, and guys that are good at blocking end up with the ball at some point.

“He told me that I can control my fate, control seeing the field. That is how it works at the program I am currently at. I had 10 receptions this past year and the year before all I did was block. I worked hard at it and I thought that I was going to block so well that they weren’t going to take me off the field and they would throw me the ball.”

Flynt liked the current facilities at Nebraska, but was blown away at the size of the new facilities. There was an interesting feature of the new facility that really caught his eye and then there was the stadium. He said that he thought he could see himself out there on the field.

“The current facilities were really nice and the new one was crazy big,” Flynt said. “They built in a turf field right next to a meeting room so you can go right over to the field during meetings, do your walk-through, and not have to wait to hit the field until practice. That was pretty cool. The stadium was big. I can see myself playing in that stadium. It was cool.”

A family affair at Nebraska​

Flynt’s sister is at Nebraska and will be throwing for the Husker track and field team. His dad also made the trip with Ian to Nebraska. His father went to Nebraska and actually met his mom at school. Flynt liked Nebraska, but he’s not ready to make and decisions yet. He wants to see some more of his options and avoid being a recruit that commits and needs to decommit or take additional trips after committing.

“I am with my dad and my sister,” Flynt said. “I have really liked the trip. It would probably be an “8” or a “9”. Dad keeps saying some weird old stuff about the football program. The coaches were really down to Earth. They are personable and they want to work with you. I really like the people here and I can see it as a place I possibly go to college.

“I am not going to be committing quite this early because I want to look at all of my options and make sure that I make the best decision to commit to a program. I don’t want to be a person that commits somewhere and is going to Kansas the next day. That is not what I want to do especially with such a nice staff.”

Coach Knighton told Flynt that he would be in Katy to see him in the next week or two. Flynt told Nebraska that he has a defensive lineman waiting for them once they come to see him.

6'5" 248# TE from Katy, TX offered by Rhule.

2022 season highlights:

2024 TE Ian Flynt can see himself playing in Memorial Stadium at Nebraska

Bryan Mongo•about 20 hours

Friday was the first day of the contact period, but Nebraska was getting set to host a critical 2024 visitor. Ian Flynt, a tight end from Katy (Texas) Taylor, made the trip north to check out Nebraska. He picked up the offer from Nebraska weeks ago and was in Lincoln today to meet coach Matt Rhule and most of his staff.

“I got to meet just about all of the coaches,” Flynt said. “There wasn’t a chance to meet coach Cooper, I really wanted to meet him. I met coach Rhule, coach Wager, coach Omar, the defensive line coach, coach Satterfield, and some others.”

Meeting coach Rhule​

Rhule was the coach that Flynt was told he needed to meet for the Nebraska offer to become committable. Flynt was told that the offer was committable and the Huskers wanted him in their program. He also met with the offensive coordinator and tight end coach.

“Coach Rhule was great. He told me that he wants me in his program. Nebraska wants me as a player and as a person in their program. He told me he doesn’t want to be anywhere else. He wants to make Nebraska what it was previously.

“I wasn’t able to talk to coach Satterfield too much but I did get to shake his hand. I spent the majority of my time with coach Wager. He made it clear that his tight ends were going to be good at blocking, and guys that are good at blocking end up with the ball at some point.

“He told me that I can control my fate, control seeing the field. That is how it works at the program I am currently at. I had 10 receptions this past year and the year before all I did was block. I worked hard at it and I thought that I was going to block so well that they weren’t going to take me off the field and they would throw me the ball.”

Flynt liked the current facilities at Nebraska, but was blown away at the size of the new facilities. There was an interesting feature of the new facility that really caught his eye and then there was the stadium. He said that he thought he could see himself out there on the field.

“The current facilities were really nice and the new one was crazy big,” Flynt said. “They built in a turf field right next to a meeting room so you can go right over to the field during meetings, do your walk-through, and not have to wait to hit the field until practice. That was pretty cool. The stadium was big. I can see myself playing in that stadium. It was cool.”

A family affair at Nebraska​

Flynt’s sister is at Nebraska and will be throwing for the Husker track and field team. His dad also made the trip with Ian to Nebraska. His father went to Nebraska and actually met his mom at school. Flynt liked Nebraska, but he’s not ready to make and decisions yet. He wants to see some more of his options and avoid being a recruit that commits and needs to decommit or take additional trips after committing.

“I am with my dad and my sister,” Flynt said. “I have really liked the trip. It would probably be an “8” or a “9”. Dad keeps saying some weird old stuff about the football program. The coaches were really down to Earth. They are personable and they want to work with you. I really like the people here and I can see it as a place I possibly go to college.

“I am not going to be committing quite this early because I want to look at all of my options and make sure that I make the best decision to commit to a program. I don’t want to be a person that commits somewhere and is going to Kansas the next day. That is not what I want to do especially with such a nice staff.”

Coach Knighton told Flynt that he would be in Katy to see him in the next week or two. Flynt told Nebraska that he has a defensive lineman waiting for them once they come to see him.

Gotta like that he wants to introduce NU to one of his current HS teammates.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back