Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Recruiting thread 2024

also, from a Georgia On.3 story yesterday:

Hartley’s motivations are for the greater good of Georgia football. The rest of college football is beginning to scratch its head. Georgia continues to land big-time tight ends. They continue to develop into key pieces of Georgia’s program.

Georgia’s tight ends are the stars of its current offense. When Georgia hits the field on Monday night, they will have two tight ends on the field more often than not.
The Bulldogs are in heavy pursuit of two more tight ends. Five-star Duce Robinson and four-star Walker Lyons are both key targets in the class of 2023. Georgia leads in On3’s Recruiting Prediction Machine for Robinson and in a good spot to land Lyons as well.

these are his officials - he got a second to Stanford because Shaw left and he was committed there (he has a 4.0 GPA and plans to major in pre-med in college)

Stanford June 24, December 16 (he committed to Stanford July 23)
USC June 16
Utah June 10
Georgia November 4 (he then de-committed from Stanford on November 28)
BYU June 3

I REALLY hope I'm wrong, and I don't want to be a pessimist, but this doesn't look like a guy who is committing to Nebraska this afternoon

these are his officials - he got a second to Stanford because Shaw left and he was committed there (he has a 4.0 GPA and plans to major in pre-med in college)

Stanford June 24, December 16 (he committed to Stanford July 23)
USC June 16
Utah June 10
Georgia November 4 (he then de-committed from Stanford on November 28)
BYU June 3

I REALLY hope I'm wrong, and I don't want to be a pessimist, but this doesn't look like a guy who is committing to Nebraska this afternoon
Only if his visit somehow went totally unreported

It would have had to be between Rhule's hire and 12/19, as the 2023s have been in quiet period since 12/19.
Doesn't seem very likely that he would have visited and we would have heard nothing about inhomes or any other contact since then and then he pulls the trigger unless he's like Tony White's godson

Doesn't seem very likely that he would have visited and we would have heard nothing about inhomes or any other contact since then and then he pulls the trigger unless he's like Tony White's godson
He's uncommitted, but he apparently isn't announcing today. None of the lists of people announcing at the game that I found have his name

Mazzccua is still going to Florida this weekend

This just posted on the Florida On.3 site by staff member Corey Bender:

Baylor kids are coming today BTW. We were initially told yesterday, but they will be in this afternoon.

They had both Mazzccua and Baylor safety Al Walcott coming. Since they are travelling to Florida trogether, this suggests to me Wallcott may also have been in Lincoln with Mazzccua.
It turns out Walcott wsas at Arkansas while Mazzccua was in Lincoln.

Per Corey Bender, staff at On.3 Florida

[I]CoreyBender[/I]

Staff member

• 6 minutes ago
Can confirm that Baylor safety Al Walcott is not heading to UF as initially planned.

He was supposed to leave Arkansas and then head straight to Gainesville, but that is no longer happening.

Not sure if this means anything w/r/t Mazzccua's visit. A poster asked but did not get an answer

Can confirm that Baylor safety Al Walcott is not heading to UF as initially planned.

He was supposed to leave Arkansas and then head straight to Gainesville, but that is no longer happening.

Not sure if this means anything w/r/t Mazzccua's visit. A poster asked but did not get an answer
not sure what you guys think, but this sounds to me like Walcott decided to visit somewhere else instead of Florida at the last minute

More from my friend Corey Bender at Florida On3 - trending to Good News!

CoreyBender

Well-known member​

Staff member

I had a few people tell me Florida was planning to host a few more visitors but is trying to be discrete about it. Those names have not been released.

We initially had six visitors confirmed, but Baylor transfer Al Walcott is no longer visiting. He is coming off a trip to Arkansas and decided to cancel that trip.

However, I had a few people mention South Carolina EDGE/DL transfer Jordan Burch as a possibility, but someone else told me they don't believe he's there. He is a former five-star prospect and the No. 1 EDGE in the 2020 class. Mike Peterson used to coach him, so there is a connection there.

Like I said though, one source told me he's not there, but I'm still digging on it to see if there are legs to rumor. I don't believe he is there though.

Another player we are monitoring is Baylor OL transfer Micah Mazzccua. He recently visited Auburn and spent multiple days at Nebraska as well. The plan was to leave Lincoln and then arrive in Gainesville today. Still waiting to see if he shows up. I say that because he has strong ties to the Nebraska staff considering Matt Rhule recruited him to Baylor.

Also, one source in Lincoln told me the Nebraska staff has hinted at a possible commitment from someone in the near future. Will that be Mazzccua? We will see.

More from my friend Corey Bender at Florida Tater Island - trending to Good News!

[/HEADING]
[HEADING=3]CoreyBender

Well-known member​

Staff member

I had a few people tell me Florida was planning to host a few more visitors but is trying to be discrete about it. Those names have not been released.

We initially had six visitors confirmed, but Baylor transfer Al Walcott is no longer visiting. He is coming off a trip to Arkansas and decided to cancel that trip.

However, I had a few people mention South Carolina EDGE/DL transfer Jordan Burch as a possibility, but someone else told me they don't believe he's there. He is a former five-star prospect and the No. 1 EDGE in the 2020 class. Mike Peterson used to coach him, so there is a connection there.

Like I said though, one source told me he's not there, but I'm still digging on it to see if there are legs to rumor. I don't believe he is there though.

Another player we are monitoring is Baylor OL transfer Micah Mazzccua. He recently visited Auburn and spent multiple days at Nebraska as well. The plan was to leave Lincoln and then arrive in Gainesville today. Still waiting to see if he shows up. I say that because he has strong ties to the Nebraska staff considering Matt Rhule recruited him to Baylor.

Also, one source in Lincoln told me the Nebraska staff has hinted at a possible commitment from someone in the near future. Will that be Mazzccua? We will see.
I have a feeling that if his teammate didn’t go, Mazzccua won’t go either. I think he’s ours to lose

colbert-god-damn-it.gif

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back