Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Reason #856 why you don’t fly Southwest. Ever (1 Viewer)

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Buddy of mine’s flight got canceled last night in Nashville. Today he went from Nashville to DC to Chicago to Denver and finally back to Omaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I refuse to fly on an airline that empowers people to pick their own seats during boarding. I feel much better sitting next to someone when they had no choice in the matter.

doublewing

Running Back
In a previous job, I was a frequent flyer of SWA for my domestic flights. Had relatively little issues and was my preferred airline for personal travel. The last 5 years it seems like there is always an issue. They are always changing flight times, adding connections, and have had "computer issues" a few days I got fucked by them.

And what is it with their personnel and the comedy routines they put on? Seems like this airline thinks that they are the "fun" airline.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
I refuse to fly on an airline that empowers people to pick their own seats during boarding. I feel much better sitting next to someone when they had no choice in the matter.
It’s a great method for wasting time

doublewing

Running Back
Good point. This just encourages bad behaviors like people hunting for seats, assholes trying to save seats, and their bullshit surcharge to get you checked in at the 24 hour mark. I've paid the charge and still ended up in like A55.

bbenson67

Cornerback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Several years ago SWA had the only non-stop from LAX to Omaha and vice versa. That was awesome. It's been gone for some time now. Don't know the reason because I took it a few times and it was always full. It ended prior to Covid-19 so can't blame that.

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
I like everything about SW except the damn seating. I’m a cheap ass so I always get the “wanna get away” flights and have to make a decision between the back of the plane or a middle seat.

hothouse_corn

Wide Receiver
I went on RSS for the first time in months tonight just before looking at this thread. Thank God I'm on here rather than there.

I used to frequent SWA from Omaha to Jacksonville, FL, which seemed sweet since it only had "one" layover at midway. Turns out that after midway, the plane takes off, lands, deplanes, boards, and takes off again five times between Chicago and JAX. So, you get five sets of dipshits sitting next to you over the course of five hours. The one plus is you can pick the best seat and move closer to the front each time the plane lands and deplanes.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
I went on RSS for the first time in months tonight just before looking at this thread. Thank God I'm on here rather than there.

I used to frequent SWA from Omaha to Jacksonville, FL, which seemed sweet since it only had "one" layover at midway. Turns out that after midway, the plane takes off, lands, deplanes, boards, and takes off again five times between Chicago and JAX. So, you get five sets of dipshits sitting next to you over the course of five hours. The one plus is you can pick the best seat and move closer to the front each time the plane lands and deplanes.
What lol?

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
I've got nothing but nice things to say about Southwest

They've got an excellent corporate structure and they give you the tools you need to be your own boss

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds