Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Rant of the Day Thread!! (2 Viewers)

Papa...Football

3rd Gen Teller of Bad Dad Jokes
Elite Member
In the theme of the what pisses you off about airline travel thread, I thought it’d be interesting to have a non-political rant thread.

A place to vent and commiserate with your internet peers without your SO rolling her eyes at you and saying “not this again”!

I’ll start… I fucking hate robins now!

This is our 4th year in this home and the 1st it’s happened. For about 10 days now the little fuckers have been attacking the windows in our doors and the transom window above. All where we don’t have window coverings

There’s little ledges they land on and they pace back and forth and peck at their enemy in the window (their reflections). With all the hard surfaces in the house, we hear it almost everywhere. Tap tap…tap tap tap. TAP!

Research tells me they are protecting their territory during mating and nesting season and it will stop eventually. We’ve taped paper along most of them temporarily to reduce reflections and it has helped but it hasn’t stopped. And our house looks trailer parky I’m sure.

Worse yet, we have several doors with glass and they attack them all and have left piles of shit on every threshold and concrete outside the doors. Plus our cameras are constantly pinging us with notifications.

I hate these fuckers now!

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
We have a ton of robins, they do occasionally run into our windows lol. Had to deal with them nesting in a ventilation duct one year that was a pain in the ass.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
When I lived in Lincoln I was once studying for a state insurance exam. A woodpecker was very persistent in pecking at the roof and annoying the shit out of me. I have a high end pellet gun & so I poked it out of the sliding door when he lit in the tree. The rest was history and my study was again peaceful. Hope this helps.

jaihawk

Running Back
Elite Member
In the theme of the what pisses you off about airline travel thread, I thought it’d be interesting to have a non-political rant thread.

A place to vent and commiserate with your internet peers without your SO rolling her eyes at you and saying “not this again”!

This is our 4th year in this home and the 1st it’s happened. For about 10 days now the little fuckers have been attacking the windows in our doors and the transom window above. All where we don’t have window coverings

There’s little ledges they land on and they pace back and forth and peck at their enemy in the window (their reflections). With all the hard surfaces in the house, we hear it almost everywhere. Tap tap…tap tap tap. TAP!

Research tells me they are protecting their territory during mating and nesting season and it will stop eventually. We’ve taped paper along most of them temporarily to reduce reflections and it has helped but it hasn’t stopped. And our house looks trailer parky I’m sure.

Worse yet, we have several doors with glass and they attack them all and have left piles of shit on every threshold and concrete outside the doors. Plus our cameras are constantly pinging us with notifications.

Put up a few metallic colored streamers (silver works good) around the area and they will stay away.

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
We have a lot of cardinals, finches, robins, and doves that live in our neighborhood year round, which it's gay to say, I like having them around. I enjoy song birds around our place. Make for relaxation on the patio and deck.

But in the spring we get infested with black birds until their offspring is out of the nest, then they're gone. Those fuckers are annoying as hell, tearing up everything for food and nesting, sound fucking annoying, and shit all over the place. The dumb fucks always nest by our dog's area in the backyard so they're constantly harassing our dogs and dogs bark non-stop at them. No matter how many I pick off each year they out number that 10:1.

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
When I lived in Lincoln I was once studying for a state insurance exam. A woodpecker was very persistent in pecking at the roof and annoying the shit out of me. I have a high end pellet gun & so I poked it out of the sliding door when he lit in the tree. The rest was history and my study was again peaceful. Hope this helps.
Wife puts up bird houses, but can’t figure out why the birds aren’t frequenting them… they do, for about a day 😉
I don’t want to listen to my dogs bark at them all day, and it’s fun.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member

I wish you luck brother. Everything is politics

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
We have a lot of Cardinals, Finches, Robins, Doves that live in our neighborhood year round, which it's gay to say, I like having them around. I enjoy song birds around our place.

But in the spring we get infested with black birds until their offspring is out of the nest, then they're gone. Those fuckers are annoying as hell, tearing up everything for food and nesting, sound fucking annoying, and shit all over the place. The dumb fucks always nest by our dog's area in the backyard so they're constantly harassing our dogs and dogs bark non-stop at them. No matter how many I pick off each year they out number that 10:1.
You gotta be vigilant!

GBRfr

Linebacker
Elite Member

It’s coyotes for me around the 75th and pioneers area. It’s crazy how they just run around in city limits looking for small dogs/food in the middle of the day.

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
Growing up I remember a cardinal that always saw his reflection in one of our windows. He would constantly attack it until he left his own blood on it. This lasted for several years.

Papa...Football

3rd Gen Teller of Bad Dad Jokes
Elite Member
We have a lot of cardinals, finches, robins, and doves that live in our neighborhood year round, which it's gay to say, I like having them around. I enjoy song birds around our place. Make for relaxation on the patio and deck.

I feel your pain on the blackbirds. We had a pool a while back and our back neighbors land was surrounded by windbreak trees and hundreds of those bastards nested there each spring.

They would clean out their baby poops from their nests into little balls of shit, with a thick mucous sack holding it. They would then drop them in and around the pool like storks flying in. For about a month it was a nightmare of poop bombs exploding all over the concrete and balls of poops in the pool

Pain in the ass to stay on top of and diminished early season pool enjoyment. I know, first world problems blah blah blah.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Wife puts up bird houses, but can’t figure out why the birds aren’t frequenting them… they do, for about a day 😉
I don’t want to listen to my dogs bark at them all day, and it’s fun.
My next house I had in Lincoln I also had bird feeders. Set up a little table and chair in the bed room and just ever so slightly poked the barrel past the curtain and let the grackles & starlings have it!! Got 28 rabbits one summer also in just a 2500sq ft back yard. Saved the garden 😁

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
My next house I had in Lincoln I also had bird feeders. Set up a little table and chair in the bed room and just ever so slightly poked the barrel past the curtain and let the grackles & starlings have it!! Got 28 rabbits one summer also in just a 2500sq ft back yard. Saved the garden 😁
Nice! I got 3 rabbits, 5 squirrels, and half a dozen birds along with several moles. But my male dog got 2 squirrels and 12+ moles.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Just had a raccoon limp across my patio yesterday evening as I was coming out the patio door. It had a rabbit in it's mouth, and I scared the shit out of it and started hissing at it. I didn't realize they could run so fast....lol

Like @alt f4 said, we have cardinals, robins, finches, doves, squirrels and rabbits in our neighborhood. Makes it interesting. This year a cardinal built a nest right outside our dining room window, so that's been interesting to watch. NERD ALERT!!

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds