Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Ranking the likely Big Ten QB Starters - Where would you slot Raiola?

iu

1. Drew Allar - Penn State
2. Dillon Gabriel - Oregon
3. Will Howard - Ohio State
4. Kurtis Rourke - Indiana
5. Will Rogers - Washington
6. Miller Moss - USC
7. Tyler Van Dyke - Wisconsin
8. Max Brosmer - Minnesota
9. Hudson Card - Purdoodoo
10. Aiden Chiles - Michigan State
11. Luke Altmyer - Illinois
12. Cade McNamara - Cockeye
13. Alex Orji - Michigan
14. Ethan Garbers - UCLA
15. Athan Kalakimankis - Rutgers
16. Billy Edwards - Maryland
17. Jack Lausch - Northwestern
jurassic park deal with it GIF

All jokes aside, I was skeptical of the Raiola hysteria as he was being recruited and I kept my armor up a little bit over the ensuing months, only because I'm skeptical of ANY incoming player (especially a true freshman) being touted as a savior. But the spring game completely won me over.

I know it's just a spring game and he's going to make freshman mistakes and yada yada yada, but the dude was doing things in that scrimmage that makes me think he may be already, at age 18, up there with the best passing QBs in NU history. His arm talent, poise, decision making, fundamentals, etc. have him poised to be right up there with Zac Taylor, Joe Ganz, Vince Ferragamo, Dave Humm, whoever you got. Granted it's a very short list because we're NU, but IF he combines his natural abilities with a scrappy winner's mentality in games that matter, he's going to vault over all of those guys with ease.

So yeah long story short, think of where you'd rank Zac Taylor or Joe Ganz in that list, that's about where I'd put Raiola right off the bat.

All jokes aside, I was skeptical of the Raiola hysteria as he was being recruited and I kept my armor up a little bit over the ensuing months, only because I'm skeptical of ANY incoming player (especially a true freshman) being touted as a savior. But the spring game completely won me over.

I know it's just a spring game and he's going to make freshman mistakes and yada yada yada, but the dude was doing things in that scrimmage that makes me think he may be already, at age 18, up there with the best passing QBs in NU history. His arm talent, poise, decision making, fundamentals, etc. have him poised to be right up there with Zac Taylor, Joe Ganz, Vince Ferragamo, Dave Humm, whoever you got. Granted it's a very short list because we're NU, but IF he combines his natural abilities with a scrappy winner's mentality in games that matter, he's going to vault over all of those guys with ease.

So yeah long story short, think of where you'd rank Zac Taylor or Joe Ganz in that list, that's about where I'd put Raiola right off the bat.
In terms of just pure arm talent he leaves Taylor and Ganz in the dust.

My question would be, where would these guys slot in that list (my guess at ranking 1-18 in parenthesis)

Heinrich Haarberg (16th)
Jeff Sims (18th)
Casey Thompson (11-12 range)
Adrian Martinez (11-12 range)
Tanner Lee (12-14 range)
Tommy Armstrong (12-14 range)

My point is that we have not had a QB that is top half (1-9) caliber in a long, long time. I believe that if Dylan Raiola can perform at a 7-9 range that NU will go 8-4 or better. I think if he's 10-11 we'll go 7-5.

My question would be, where would these guys slot in that list (my guess at ranking 1-18 in parenthesis)

Heinrich Haarberg (16th)
Jeff Sims (18th)
Tanner Lee (12-14 range)

My point is that we have not had a QB that is top half (1-9) caliber in a long, long time. I believe that if Dylan Raiola can perform at a 7-9 range that NU will go 8-4 or better. I think if he's 10-11 we'll go 7-5.
I'd move Tommy up a bit but the rest spot on.

Heinrich Haarberg (16th)
Jeff Sims (18th)
Tanner Lee (12-14 range)

I will still give Adrian some grace and admit that if he was allowed to play with the defense from last season, he would've been a very valuable QB.

Heinrich Haarberg (16th)
Jeff Sims (18th)
Tanner Lee (12-14 range)

Tommy was a lot better than he gets credit for, he’s the best QB on that list of Skers

Heinrich Haarberg (16th)
Jeff Sims (18th)
Tanner Lee (12-14 range)

Adrian, Casey and Tommy are all in the top half of this list…easily. Jeff Sims is the worst quarterback of all time, Tanner Lee is next

Adrian, Casey and Tommy are all in the top half of this list…easily. Jeff Sims is the worst quarterback of all time, Tanner Lee is next
FTR I wasn't ranking against this year's list, I was just ranking against an average 1-18 QB list for these B1G teams over say the last few years.

This particular 2024 list I have no idea about because 2/3 of these QBs I've never even heard of.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back