Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Raiola vs Kaelin (1 Viewer)

QB1 at this point in the spring

• Raiola

Votes: 86 86.9%
  • Kaelin

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Harberg (come on)

Votes: 9 9.1%

• Total voters

betsch

Safety
Ok guys, I'll let you in on what the plan is. After we are up by like 50 against Ohio State and all the other teams we plan on letting DK get a few reps. That way in 2 years, after DR wins 2 Heismans, and goes pro, DK will be ready to go.

PlumbingCarrot

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
I think its probably about even. Its clear that Raiola is the most talented. I bet Haarberg starts the season and after non conferences are done Raiola will take the reigns

Herbie

Quarterback
I think it’s probably about even. It’s clear that Raiola is the most talented. I bet Haarberg starts the season and after non conferences are done Raiola will take the reigns
That would be dumb as fuck.
Hold on Raiola we don’t want you playing non conf but we’ll let you start the tougher games.
If you plan on starting him he starts day 1

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Probably depends on how clear the path is for Kaelin to play. Like if Raiola is obviously awesome and is going to be a 3 and done guy, I can see Danny sticking around knowing he's likely the guy after. Now if Raiola isn't good and/or Kaelin feels like he's close but not getting the opportunity to start, I can see him bouncing
For a prospect like Raiola, taking into account the fact that he hasn't played a down yet, it's pretty likely in the modern CFB world that he will either be here for 2 years (transfers out to showcase his skills with a natty contender) or 3 years (plays lights out, takes us to heights we haven't seen in years, becomes a top draft pick). In either of those situations, Kaelin could potentially be a RS Soph or RS Junior with 2-3 years of his own to start.

If DK is an alpha like most good qbs are I could see him leaving in that situation too. I’ve just learned to accept most quality qbs don’t stick around in today’s college football if there is someone in front of them in the same class.
Gotta be careful about creating a narrative that guys who stick around are un-alpha haha

ac husker

Safety
Elite Member
Raiola is the no doubt starter. But DK has came in much better than anticipated and should make everyone feel more comfortable about the prospect of Dylan missing any time. DK will be our starter for a year or two after Dylan is gone and will be a good one.
If DK is as good as people are talking him up I’d imagine he portals out after the season. That’s the reality these days. He’s gonna want to start somewhere.

Herbie

Quarterback
If DK is as good as people are talking him up I’d imagine he portals out after the season. That’s the reality these days. He’s gonna want to start somewhere.
If he’s talented he needs a perfect storm to land in power 5.
He’d be #3 on the depth chart to save his redshirt and will need Nebraska to actually beat the shit out of a few teams to get some time in mop up duty after Haarberg.
Without that opportunity he is just a 3 star 3rd string qb at Nebraska his options would be a small group of 3 school that going to make his battle for it

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
The question isnt who will start in the fall, the question is who is qb1 right now. Those are two completely different questions.
I don't think there is a QB1 in the Spring. They're running on 3 different fields, so I guess there are 3 QB1s.

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
DR already operates as a NFL franchise qb. its a great sign that Rhule has “fixed” the qb room in 1 year.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds