Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Raiola vs Kaelin (2 Viewers)

QB1 at this point in the spring

• Raiola

Votes: 86 86.9%
  • Kaelin

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Harberg (come on)

Votes: 9 9.1%

• Total voters

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
tPB OG
We didn't flip a 5 star legacy QB from commitments to Georgia and Ohio State, for anyone to plan on him not starting 5 months from now.

Having said that, Danny K probably just having a better camp than expected this early, which is great for everyone involved.
Rhule is a crazy enough SOB though that he would start the less hyped player if he thought they'd win more games

skerfan

Cornerback
Elite Member
So far 5 people are either delusional or trolling.
No, the question is who is starting QB right now. Not who it would be if you or I was choosing it. Not who will be game 1. The way Rhule runs his program and talks about HH, as of right now he is the starter. Rhule is a guy that will make Raiola earn it, not hand it to him the second he steps on campus. I believe if he was forced to make a depth chart to go public right now it would have three guys listed as or's with HH's name first on the list because he is the returning starter and we have had 9 practices in spring.

Huskers633

Cornerback
Elite Member
No, the question is who is starting QB right now. Not who it would be if you or I was choosing it. Not who will be game 1. The way Rhule runs his program and talks about HH, as of right now he is the starter. Rhule is a guy that will make Raiola earn it, not hand it to him the second he steps on campus. I believe if he was forced to make a depth chart to go public right now it would have three guys listed as or's with HH's name first on the list because he is the returning starter and we have had 9 practices in spring.
I stand with what I said. If Rhule had to name a starter today it would be Raiola. Anyone that thinks differently is kidding themselves.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Rhule has also said the best players will play if they're doing what is asked of them.

No reason to think Raiola hasn't been putting in the work and he's obviously more talented than HH.

Husker_in_OK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I don’t know about that. DK could easily transfer if he is practicing well and sitting behind Raiola. The days of the waiting your turn are over at the qb position for the most part.

I agree for the most part that QB's don't wait around today to be a starter, but DK had the option to commit somewhere else when Raiola committed, but he stuck with his NU commitment. DK had to know going in that it was going to be an uphill battle to beat out Raiola. He didn't take the easy way out and go somewhere else at the last minute, so that gives me hope that just maybe he stays patient and sticks it out here.

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
Let's put it this way. Kaelin won't even be the 1st QB off the bench. It will be Haarberg.

The other thing to consider here is if Raiola had not signed with Nebraska, there would almost assuredly be two more QBs on the roster.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Probably depends on how clear the path is for Kaelin to play. Like if Raiola is obviously awesome and is going to be a 3 and done guy, I can see Danny sticking around knowing he's likely the guy after. Now if Raiola isn't good and/or Kaelin feels like he's close but not getting the opportunity to start, I can see him bouncing
If DK is an alpha like most good qbs are I could see him leaving in that situation too. I’ve just learned to accept most quality qbs don’t stick around in today’s college football if there is someone in front of them in the same class.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I agree for the most part that QB's don't wait around today to be a starter, but DK had the option to commit somewhere else when Raiola committed, but he stuck with his NU commitment. DK had to know going in that it was going to be an uphill battle to beat out Raiola. He didn't take the easy way out and go somewhere else at the last minute, so that gives me hope that just maybe he stays patient and sticks it out here.
Wasn’t DK going to visit MSU? Did he have second thoughts or was it due more to Smith bringing his other young stud qb from OSU which took care of him visiting in the end?

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
If HH runs out as the starter vs. UTEP, then Rhule has a better sense of humor than I thought. He would just be trolling the fans with the TE that takes snaps.

No one other than Raiola will be the starter. Don't over-think this one. I do think the coaches (and the official social media accounts) have done a masterful job of not feeding in to the DR hype train.

Husker_in_OK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Wasn’t DK going to visit MSU? Did he have second thoughts or was it due more to Smith bringing his other young stud qb from OSU which took care of him visiting in the end?

Yeah .. Hard to say what DK's thought process was, but it's entirely possible that he stuck with Nebraska because most of the schools had their QB locked up close to early signing day and that there weren't many great options for him.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
tPB OG
Yeah .. Hard to say what DK's thought process was, but it's entirely possible that he stuck with Nebraska because most of the schools had their QB locked up close to early signing day and that there weren't many great options for him.
Michigan State would have taken him sight unseen

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds